Who's Dropping off Facebook?: Stats from Jan 2011 - Jan 2014
out of 12
Post on 27-Aug-2014
Embed Size (px)
DESCRIPTIONThis presentation features the most recent data on the change in Facebook use between January 2011 and January 2014. How has the face of Facebook changed in three years? Are teens really leaving? What are the education demographics? What about overall use? Is it actually growing as much as you think it is? Find out the answers to these questions and more. This presentation also features four key takeaways for marketers. So check it out and share it 'round!
- Whos Dropping off Facebook? Stats from Jan 2011 - Jan 2014
- TOTAL USE (USA) January 2011 146.8 MiLlion January 2013 180.0 MILlion
- AGE Use by people aged 55+ has increased 80.4% while among people 13-17 its decreased by 25.3%!
- DAILY USE (world) 61% of Facebook Users Log in Daily (727 million)
- LOCATION Since January 2011 Facebook use in Houston has increased only 23.8% and 26.3% in Chicago. While Facebook use in New York has increased 119.7% and in San Francisco 148.6%!
- MOBILE USE (world) 73% of Facebook Users Sign in on Mobile (874 million)
- EDUCATION (USA) Use by college students has decreased by 59.1%, while use by alumni has increased by 64.6%!
- Takeaways for Marketers Facebook is still King (and Queen, and the rest of the royal family) - but its changing B2B Companies dont get to slack on Facebook. Your market there has increased 80% in 3 years! Businesses which market to teens need to devote time and energy to getting in on where teens are moving (Snapchat, Whatsapp and Kik) All businesses need to be optimizing their social profiles for mobile
- SOURCES http://newsroom.fb.com/key-facts http://istrategylabs.com
- Download the Complete Guide to Facebook Ads Ebook Its FREE!
- Thank you for viewing! Did you like this presentation? Check out blog.wishpond.com for more! Share our blog! Wishpond One Easy Tool for All of Your Online Marketing create online ads, contests, landing pages & email automation campaigns
View more >