whirlpool employer branding
out of 42
Post on 22-Jan-2018
Embed Size (px)
- 1. WHIRLPOOL CORPORATION CONFIDENTIAL 1 INDIAS BEST EMPLOYER: BRANDING INITIATIVE Sarthak Raychaudhuri Vice President HR, Asia South
- 2. WHIRLPOOL CORPORATION CONFIDENTIAL 2 WHIRLPOOL CORPORATION A 102 year old company Worlds leading marketer and manufacturer of home appliances (#1 in global share & #1 Global Brand) Annual Sales of approximately $19B Nearly 60,000 employees across 67 manufacturing and technology centers and presence across 170 countries Markets 9 brands: Whirlpool, Maytag, Kitchen Aid, Jenn-Air, Amana, Brastemp, Consul, Bauknecht & Gladiator
- 3. WHIRLPOOL CORPORATION CONFIDENTIAL 3 WHIRLPOOL OF INDIA LIMITED In 1995, Whirlpool Corporation acquired Kelvinator India Limited and entered the refrigerator market. In late 1995 majority ownership was gained in the TVS joint venture and the two entities were merged to form Whirlpool of India Limited. Since then Whirlpool of India has grown to become one of the leading manufacturers and marketers of major home appliances in India.
- 4. WHIRLPOOL CORPORATION CONFIDENTIAL 4 PRODUCTS & CATEGORIES In India Whirlpool has an impressive portfolio of home appliances. This includes a wide range of refrigerators, washing machines, air conditioners, microwaves, water purifiers & built in appliances. Whirlpool also offers a unique range of accessories like water softeners, lint removers etc.
- 5. WHIRLPOOL CORPORATION CONFIDENTIAL 5 WHAT IS EMPLOYER BRANDING? BRAND DNA Values/ Personality Customer Value Proposition Why should customers consider you? Why should they come back for more? Customer Experience Employee Value Proposition Why should people join you? Why should they stay? Why should they commit? .. And how should they serve? Employee Experience Marketing HR Leadership What represents everything the organization does and says?
- 6. WHIRLPOOL CORPORATION CONFIDENTIAL 6 WHAT IS EMPLOYER BRANDING? Simply put, employer branding is an employment experience which defines your identity. It positions yourself in the minds of your current and future employees.
- 7. WHIRLPOOL CORPORATION CONFIDENTIAL 7 WHY IS IT IMPORTANT? Ensuring uninterrupted talent supply by sourcing from a wider talent market DEGREE OF ACTIVITY IN LABOUR MARKET Gaining cost advantage by acquiring & retaining talent at lower than market average CONVERSION PREMIUM The way with a strong customer brand you are more likely to attract and retain profitable customers. Similarly with a strong employer brand, you are more likely to attract and retain talented employees.
- 8. WHIRLPOOL CORPORATION CONFIDENTIAL 8 WHY DID WHIRLPOOL INVEST IN EMPLOYER BRANDING? Through happy employees Employer of Choice Product Innovation Best in class Quality Cost Leadership Creating happy homes Organization Vision Employer Branding was the strategic lever for becoming an employer of choice
- 9. WHIRLPOOL CORPORATION CONFIDENTIAL 9 29 July 2013 2011 INDIA HR ELA 9 What do we stand for? What does todays talent value? Research Formulation Deployment External validatio n by experts Select Employe r Brand Slogan Making the promise - communicating Delivering on the promise - Experiencing Creating the identity Cc-Opexmethodologyused Duration 9 months Duration 3 months Duration - Ongoing What Differentiat es Us Strategic Objectiv es What We Want to Be Known For Validatio n by India leadershi p team Revalidation by internal employees using same research method HOW DID WE DO IT?
- 10. WHIRLPOOL CORPORATION CONFIDENTIAL 10 0 10 20 30 Pay Interacting with public Flexibility todo job own way Flexible hours Graduates Non-Graduates 2 2.2 2.4 2.6 2.8 3 3.2 3.4 3.6 Prestige Industry Sector Organizationvalues/mission Equal opportunities Policy Location International Opportunities Salary andBenefits Culture/Environment Training anddevelopment Job Type/Function Career Progression Source Association of Graduate Recruiters Important criteria for young employees when selecting employer Job Likes by educational attainment Gallup Survey (Percentages add to more than 100% due to multiple responses) Choices Enriching job Culture WHAT TODAYS TALENT VALUES We did secondary research to identify the demand of the current generation
- 11. WHIRLPOOL CORPORATION CONFIDENTIAL 11 Common reasons cited in HR literature for employee attraction/retention Subject-Matter Research Validated through exploratory Focus Groups with Sales, Technology, Manufacturing & Recruitment Consultants Focus Group Discussions Tested Version 1 of Questionnaire with Pilot audience, within and outside the organization Pilot Run Tested the same research instrument with a new sample of people, within and outside the organization Revalidate *CcOpex is Whirlpool Corporations internal quality process similar to what six sigma is for Motorola CcOpex* Approach, Tools & Methodology Used Through Entire Process CONSTRUCTION OF RESEARCH INSTRUMENT The end results were two sets of Questionnaires: One for Internal Employees & the other for the External Group
- 12. WHIRLPOOL CORPORATION CONFIDENTIAL 12 RESEARCH SAMPLE The sample included all functions, all grades and all geographies to ensure best representation of our workforce
- 13. WHIRLPOOL CORPORATION CONFIDENTIAL 13 Activities: FGDs: 13 Questionnaires: 137 Interviews / One on Ones with Leadership Team + Others: 59 RESEARCH ACTIVITIES & RESULTS Business Reputation, Autonomy, Career Progression & Work Culture emerged as strengths
- 14. WHIRLPOOL CORPORATION CONFIDENTIAL 14 WHAT MAKES US UNIQUELY WHIRLPOOL? QUALITATIVE RESEARCH Creating an identity for ourselves, based on our differentiated strengths
- 15. WHIRLPOOL CORPORATION CONFIDENTIAL 15 29 July 2013 2011 INDIA HR ELA 15 What do we stand for? What does todays talent value? Research Formulation Deployment External validatio n by experts Select Employe r Brand Slogan Making the promise - communicating Delivering on the promise - Experiencing Creating the identity Cc-Opexmethodologyused Duration 9 months Duration 3 months Duration - Ongoing What Differentiat es Us Strategic Objectiv es What We Want to Be Known For Validatio n by India leadershi p team Revalidation by internal employees using same research method HOW DID WE DO IT?
- 16. WHIRLPOOL CORPORATION CONFIDENTIAL 16 RICHARD MOSLEY Leading author and practitioner in employer brand management EXTERNAL VALIDATION Your research work is one of the most detailed works on employer branding I have ever seen Richard Mosley (After reviewing all research documents)
- 17. WHIRLPOOL CORPORATION CONFIDENTIAL 17 We value the free spirit of our people, who drive their own careers as well as Whirlpools success. We take pride in our open and inclusive culture that enables collaboration in creating loyal customers for life. We offer roles that have a unique identity enabling our people to grow from strength to strength, very early in life. We believe in setting ambitious goals, performing to the best of our abilities and celebrating & rewarding success. THE OUTCOME - OUR FOUR VALUE PROPOSITIONS A value proposition which caters to the most deep rooted emotions of an employee 1 2 3 4
- 18. WHIRLPOOL CORPORATION CONFIDENTIAL 18 ALL INDIA SLOGAN WRITING CONTEST CREATING THE EMPLOYER BRAND SLOGAN Over 250 entries were received, out of which 10 were shortlisted and then voted upon.
- 19. WHIRLPOOL CORPORATION CONFIDENTIAL 19 Freedom: We recognize that all employees have a fundamental right to make choices about their environment and life and providing it to them To Create: We understand that employees look for an opportunity to make things happen. This also stresses on making things happen through creativity & innovation, hence it is not to make but to create Our: To emphasize on the inclusion and openness that we stand for; the ideas, the culture, the beliefs are not yours or mine but they are our Tomorrow: The freedom to create is not about our yesterday or even today but about our future, our tomorrow. It is about our ambition of making it bigger and better in the years to come BRAND SLOGAN This credo will act as our guiding vision for all people initiatives. FREEDOM TO CREATE OUR TOMORROW
- 20. WHIRLPOOL CORPORATION CONFIDENTIAL 20 BRAND IDENTITY The color of the 6 squares are our corporate colors and this set of squares represents Whirlpool The different shades of grey in the 3 bottom squares indicates the diversity of our workforce The 9 squares together represents an individual with arms extended The Whirlpool logo on top signifies a liberated employee upholding the organization Slogan is written where the squares meet, indicating that where the org & the employees meet, there is freedom to create Our tomorrow is in bold to emphasize that, this freedom was not only in the past or present, but will always be there This sense of identity will act as a reminder & protect the unique elements of our culture at all times.
- 21. WHIRLPOOL CORPORATION CONFIDENTIAL 21 29 July 2013 2011 INDIA HR ELA 21 What do we stand for? What does todays talent value? Research Formulation Deployment External validatio n by experts Select Employe r Brand Slogan Making the promise - communicating Delivering on the promise - Experiencing Creating the identity Cc-Opexmethodologyused Duration 9 months Duration 3 months Duration - Ongoing What Differentiat es Us Strategic Objectiv es What We Want to Be Known For Validatio n by India leadershi p team Revalidation by internal employees using same research method HOW DID WE DO IT?
- 22. WHIRLPOOL CORPORATION CONFIDENTIAL 22 Launch Vehicles: Video: Capturing employee experiences which led us to our value propositions (Video attached) Personalized Desktop Calendar: Communicating what the or
View more >
Employer Image and Employer Branding: What We Employer Image and Employer Branding: What We Know and
Employer Branding - Home - TTI Success Insights ?· 2016-07-13 · Company branding and employer branding…
18 AÑOS DE EMPLOYER BRANDING - años de Employer Branding hacia... · - 1 - 18 AÑOS DE EMPLOYER BRANDING:…
Sustaining Employer Branding at Whirlpool of India ?· tions management to project an image ... According…
Employer branding - ?· Employer branding Analyse af Nykredits employer branding strategi for en etnisk…
EMPLOYER BRANDING - polsl.pl ?zef Ober... · Employer branding wewnętrzny 12 Employer branding traktuje…
Employer Branding, Candidate Experience - OutMatch ?· EMPLOYER BRANDING, CANDIDATE EXPERIENCE Communicating…