What to do if your child was injured in a car accident

Download What to do if your child was injured in a car accident

Post on 21-Jul-2015




1 download

Embed Size (px)


<ul><li><p>What To Do If Your Child Was Injured In a Car Accident </p><p>Being injured in an accident and suffering serious personal injuries can be a horrible experience </p><p>for an individual of any age. However, if the personal injury victim is a young minor, both the </p><p>injuries and the emotional and mental experience can be even more devastating.As a parent, </p><p>you will do anything possible to take care of your child and hold the party responsible for his or </p><p>her injuries to the fullest extent possible. As such, if your child was involved in an accident that </p><p>was caused by the negligent or reckless actions of another individual, you should consult with </p><p>an experienced New Jersey personal injury lawyer as soon as possible. </p><p>Steps To Take Following an Accident </p><p>When your child is injured in an accident, there are certain steps that you need to take as their </p><p>parent or legal guardian to protect their legal rights and to ensure that they get the medical </p><p>attention they need. Below are some important steps you should consider taking: </p><p> Auto Accident Attorney </p><p>Seek immediate medical attention, even if your child is not complaining of any major symptoms </p><p>following the accident. </p><p>Call the police to the scene of the accident to prepare a detailed report of the facts surrounding </p><p>the accident. </p><p>Get the contact information, including name, address, telephone, license plate, driver's license </p><p>number and insurance information, for all of the parties involved in the accident. </p><p>Get the pertinent information for any witnesses to the scene of the accident. </p></li><li><p>Take pictures of the scene of the accident (if you do not have a camera, take pictures with your </p><p>cell phone).Consult with a New Jersey personal injury lawyer who has experience handling </p><p>accidents involving minors. </p><p>If your child was strapped in a car seat during the accident, he or she may also seek </p><p>compensation if the car seat was defective and resulted in additional injuries. Your attorney will </p><p>need to evaluate the specific details of your case to determine whether any additional parties </p><p>(such as the car seat manufacturer) can also be held responsible for your child's injuries. </p><p> Call Us Today! </p><p>If your child was injured in an accident that was caused by the negligent or reckless actions of </p><p>another party, he or she may be entitled to monetary compensation. For more information or </p><p>to schedule a complimentary consultation with one of our experienced New Jersey personal </p><p>injury lawyers, please call the Law Offices of Dan T. Matrafajlo. We have offices in Elizabeth, </p><p>North Brunswick and Newark, New Jersey to serve you. </p><p>Mr. Matrafajlo has the experience in New Jersey courts that you need. He has been recognized </p><p>locally for his legal ability, named a Super Lawyers Rising Star, and has even helped set legal </p><p>precedent in personal injury law with cases such as Hardison v. King. Dan will fight for your legal </p><p>rights! </p></li></ul>