What To Do After A Car Accident in New Orleans
out of 10
Post on 08-Sep-2014
Embed Size (px)
DESCRIPTIONWhen an accident occurs, the people involved are often scared, hurt and unsure what to do first. Find out what steps New Orleans car accident attorneys at The Lambert Firm recommend taking immediately after a collision.
- Did you know ? In 2012, more than 2 million people were injured in motor vehicle accidents in the U.S.
- What To Do After A Car Crash When an accident occurs, those involved are often unsure what to do. There are several steps New Orleans car accident attorneys recommend taking immediately after a collision.
- Step 1: Ensure everyone is safe Immediately following a car accident, ensuring the health and safety of all parties involved should be your first priority. Check for injuries Call an ambulance Move cars to a safe location out of traffic
- Step 2: Contact the police Even if the accident seems minor, always call the police to the scene and get a copy of the accident
- Step 3: Do not admit fault Take care when speaking to anyone, including police, not to admit fault in the accident. 40% of all fatal accidents involve alcohol. Male drivers cause two times the number of accidents as females. In the U.S., approximately fourteen teens die every day in accidents. Talking on a cellphone increases your risk of a crash by 400%. Car Accident Facts
- Step 4: Gather Information Document details such as: Insurance and contact info of the other driver Names and contact info for passengers and witnesses Photos of injuries and property damage Notes about the accident
- Step 5: Seek medical treatment If an ambulance does not come to the accident scene, get checked out at the Emergency Room or visit your family doctor as soon as possible, even if you dont feel hurt.
- Step 6: Keep a Diary In the days and weeks after the accident, keep a diary where you can write down how it has affected you. Note things like: Where you hurt and the intensity of the pain Tasks that you cant perform or are more difficult because of your injuries Emotional effects, such as depression, anxiety, stress, sleeplessness, etc. Dates/times of medical appointments. Any money spent toward accident-related expenses (medical bills, car repairs, etc.)
- Step 7: Contact an attorney If you or a loved one has been injured in a car accident, its important to know what your legal options are to recover damages.
- Get Help Today | 1-800-521-1750 If you were hurt in an accident, the experienced New Orleans auto accident lawyers at The Lambert Firm can help. Visit us on the web at http://www.thelambertfirm.com.
View more >