out of 15
Post on 11-Aug-2014
Embed Size (px)
DESCRIPTIONApplication Form: http://tiny.cc/weINDIE2014 FB Page: https://www.facebook.com/weINDIE
- INDIE IS A LIFE STYLE THAT DEFINES AN EMERGING CULTURE AND A WHOLE NEW GENERATION. * A NEW WORLD NEEDS OF A NEW GENERATION, WE DONT LIVE IN THE PAST ANYMORE! we indie * 24th to 28th SEPTEMBER 2014 LISBON, PORTUGAL A NEW LANDSCAPE OF OPPORTUNITIES 4TH EDITION!
- According to the dictionary, 'indie' is an informal version of the word independent. By this denition, indie is any business or designer that is not associated with a large company. Indie can also dene the consumer who prefers to support small business, independent record labels and handmade items rather than shopping at big-box stores. Although this denition is accurate, the word has come to mean more. For many, it has come to symbolize originality and forward-thinking, especially in the design of a very individual and particular life style. This doesnt make indies individualistic; this just makes them original. Indies are very much caring people that love fairness and strive to make choices that reect that fair way of living life while keeping a very strong sense of self worth and independence. The purpose is not to feel unique, the idea is to embrace uniqueness and BE unique. Based on this, there could not be a proper denition of an indie person; there are no specic guidelines, requirements, or strict denitive characteristics. Indie is a culture, a state of mind, and a never-ending quest for a unique life style of freedom and choice. It is, at the end, a concept, not a denition. Indie is also an appreciation of beauty, which is dened by one's own standards. The indie's concept of beauty usually does not involve mainstream choices because they are often supercial. Indie people sense this lack of artistic depth in popular culture, thus seeking depth in alternate, more creative styles of living life. There also seems to be a trend in the intellectual capacity of those involved in Indie culture. Many indies enjoy critical and analytical thinking, abstract ideas, and learning new things, often discussing "nerdy" topics among themselves and prototyping alternative ways of doing business and making a living. This is probably because intellect, creative ability and depth are seemingly linked, and regarded as a way of separating oneself from the mainstream of the sheep-alike others. Indies are generally happy people, mainly because their life style makes you feel like spinning around in a circle while a smiling man in a white suit throws colorful confetti at you. ABOUT INDIE
- We're DIFFERENT Were UNIQUE We're INDEPENDENT WERE indie AND THIS IS OUR CONFERENCE! IT'S ABOUT THE WAY WE LIVE LIFE, NOT THE CLOTHES WE WEAR OR THE JOB WE HAVE, ACTUALLY THAT DOESN'T REALLY MATTER. WERE THE NEW GENERATION, THE GENERATION THAT IS DESIGNING A NEW WAY OF MAKING WORLD HAPPEN.
- Under the theme of A New Landscape of Possibilities, we have designed weINDIE as a space to explore new ways of designing and living life. This goes from the way we make personal decisions to the way we design our work and engage in productive activities. The conference has been built under the premise that each participant is manager of his/her own learning process. For this to happen, several spaces will be offered in ve different elds chosen based on our research of current and future trends of life and work design. Participants will then choose from the options and together we will build an agenda based on the options provided. Theyll also be given the space to design and deliver their own meetings based on their needs as we progress in the conference. The Edge Team will be available for specic sessions or consultancy sessions both individually and collectively. Members of the Edge Team have a very rich background, not only at theoretical level, but also in terms of the expertise that is gained out of practicing what is preached. So you can expect a lot of very concrete tips and practical advises. In parallel, participants will be grouped in small tribes based on their applications as a way of ensuring diversity of insights and input to the personal processes. The role of the tribes will be to ensure the journey of each participant is meaningful and drives concrete immediate action. Having drafted all this, we envision a space of freedom of choice, very unconventional and edgy, in which you will be pushed out of your comfort zone having the certainty that you are not alone in the journey and that someone is looking for your personal safety, however paradoxical this sounds. At the end of the day, the offer will be rich and meaningful, however it will be your active participation what will dene what you will take out of the conference. THE CONFERENCE
- LIVING A LEGACY EMBRACING THE ONLINE ECOSYSTEM BREATHING UNIQUENESS NURTURING A YOUNG SPIRIT RECONNECTING WITH OUR HUMANITY fields The THESE ARE THE 5 FIELDS IN WHICH THE DIFFERENT SPACES AT THE CONFERENCE WILL BE BASED:
- LIVING BRE UNIQRECONNECTING WITH OUR HUMANITY Exploring the fields THE FIELD: Current times require of more conscious individuals, people who are more caring and engaged, people who are architects of solutions. Within this context this eld aims to explore our most deep understanding of being human in a world of contradictions and uncertainty in order to reconnect with our own humanity. KEY QUESTIONS: What makes me human? How do I take care of my spiritual dimension? How human am I being? How do I connect with others? How can I build meaningful relationships based on respect and acceptance? How to embrace my vulnerability to live a wholehearted life?
- THE FIELD: In a world of diversity it seems that more and more young people are afraid to embrace their uniqueness. This eld aims to celebrate how different we are. It offers spaces to recognize our individuality with dignity, respect and joy as a substantial pillar to live peacefully in an interdependent world and dene our own ways to make a unique contribution. KEY QUESTIONS: What makes me unique? How to capitalize in my uniqueness? How to contribute from my uniqueness? How do I embrace my weirdness and make it an asset that works in my favor? Am I trying to hard to be different when I already am? BREATHING UNIQUENESS EMB THE ECO RECONNECTING WITH OUR Exploring the fields
- BREATHING EMBRACING THE ONLINE ECOSYSTEM NUR A Y S Exploring the fields THE FIELD: Internet has made the global village truly easy to reach and has exponentially expanded our access to opportunities, both individually and collectively. This eld aims explore ways to capitalize on Internet to design businesses and projects as well as personal brands and life styles in order to enhance the horizon of possibilities each one of us has access to. KEY QUESTIONS: What could it mean for my life to embrace the online ecosystem as a fundamental part of my daily activities? How to capitalize in online tools to reach further and design a new life style of freedom, contribution and abundance? How to use Internet to engage others in my endeavors and crusades in order to build movements?
- L LE EMBRACING NURTURING A YOUNG SPIRIT Exploring the fields THE FIELD: Youth is not a matter of age anymore. A lot of young people are becoming prematurely old and many people over 40 are regaining their youth based on conscious choices they are making. The aim of this eld is to explore what makes us young and how to nurture this young spirit throughout our life in a consistent manner with simplicity and joy. KEY QUESTIONS: What does it mean to be young? Am I getting older without noticing? How to embrace age while maintaining a young spirit? How to practice joy and make it a substantial part of my life style? What makes my life exciting? What makes me exciting, attractive and interesting to others?
- Exploring the fields LIVING A LEGACY NURTURING RECO WI HU THE FIELD: It is not about leaving a legacy anymore; its about living a legacy. Nowadays we dont need to die to leave a legacy behind us, we have at our reach the possibility to live a life that is a legacy in itself at every step of the way. KEY QUESTIONS: How to design and execute projects of high impact and low maintenance? How to have extra gigs that are meaningful, have a positive impact and generate income without leaving my current job? How to design my career path to ensure that what I do has an impact, makes me happy and allows me to live a good life? How to become a freelancer? How to become an entrepreneur?
- We will have several formats working in parallel: Tribal meetings Open spaces Short plenary sessions Inter-tribal exercises Personal time Games and Lab projects Prototyping sessions Consultancy blocks and Projects set up Future steps mapping During each day, a new offer will be built by the Edge Team (Hosts of the conference) based on the input of the participants. We envision the space as a co-created ecosystem. We will be bringing some sessions already prepared to share our key learning points in our elds of expertise and you will take it from there. You denitely can expect a lot of activity happening, a lot of freedom and a lot of support. We truly want to see the chaos and the order coming together to craft a chaordic experience for all of us. We are also looking forward to see some projects emerging and we are very interested in becoming patrons of some of th
View more >