Weekly Current Affairs: November 01-11th, Nov 12.pdf · Weekly Current Affairs: November 01-11th, 2012…
Post on 24-Jul-2018
Weekly Current Affairs: November 01-11th, 2012
1. Finance Minister recently revealed a five-year roadmap for fiscal consolidation. The target
deficit in 2016-17 is _________?
Answer: 3 per cent
The deficit brought down to 4.8 per cent by 2013-14
4.2 per cent in 2014-15
3.6 per cent in 2015-16
3 per cent in 2016-17
2. Recently, where the International Conference & Exhibition on Green Buildings was held in India:
3. Recently RBI modified its various ratios / rates. The present rates are as follows:
Bank Rate : 9 %
Repor ate : 8 %
Reverse Repo Rate : 7 %
C R R : 4.25 % S L R : 23 %
4. Which country has won the inaugural Asian Womens Cricket Councils Twenty20 Asia Cup after
beating Pakistan in final at Guangzhou, China?
5. Recently Stock Holding Corporation of India (SHCIL), the country's first and one of the largest
security custodians to financial institutions is merged with one of the commercial bank. Name of this
Answer: IDBI Bank
6. Which Asian country is going to conduct the state of its peoples happiness through second
Gross National Happiness (GNH) survey?
7. The 28th National Junior Athletic championships were held in which city and state, recently?
Answer: Lucknow in Uttar Pradesh on 1st November.
8. Shilpotsav-2012, an annual event conducted by Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment, for
the purpose of ________________?
The objective is to provide a platform to the beneficiaries assisted under the developmental schemes
of various Finance & Development Corporations and National Institutes to showcase their art &
9. As per the World Economic Forum (WEF), what is the rank of India in the recent financial
Answer: 40th Indias ranking went down 4 places to 40th in 2012 compared to the previous year, due
to poor enforcement of contracts and lack of liberalization.
10. Who is known as the father of Malayalam language?
Answer: Thunchath Ezhuthachan. Recently, a university has been inaugurated The Malayalam
University named after Thunchath Ezhuthachans name at Tirur in Malappuram district.
11. Recently, who among has received the 27th Indira Gandhi award for National Integration,
which carries an amount of Rs. 5 lakh in cash and a citation. The Award is given on the Martyrdom?
12. Recently, who has been appointed as the Managing Director and Chief Executive of Bombay
Stock Exchange (BSE), Asias oldest stock exchange?
Answer: Ashish Kumar Chauhan
13. Recently, scientists which countries have developed a bio-fertilizer product?
Answer: India and Switzerland
14. A recently launched Mission by Kerala state which aims for empowerment of women through
forming self-help groups _____________________(Name of this Mission)?
Answer: Kudumbashree project for poverty reduction launched on 17 May 1998.
15. Han Suyin, who emerged as among the most powerful voices serving as a bridge between China
and the West in the 20th century and later became an ambassador for China-India relations after her
marriage to an Indian colonel, died in Lausanne, Switzerland was a well-known ______________?
Answer: Writer (Chinese-Belgian British writer)
16. Which State is set to become the first State in the country to provide pucca houses to all its
Answer: Sikkim. Sikkim Government launched a Rs 211 crore social housing project. Under the
project, housing will be provided to around 30, 000 people residing in kutcha houses as on January
1, 2011, an official release said. In its first phase, the project, named the Chief Ministers Rural
Housing Mission, will allocate around 6,000 single-storey earthquake-resistant pucca houses free
of cost by 2013 to the poor .
17. Which U.S. university is organising a three-day international conference, Ramanujan 125, to
mark the 125th birth anniversary celebration of Indian mathematician Srinivasa Ramanujan?
Answer: University of Florida
18. Who is the new Chairperson and Managing Director of the Bank of India?
Answer: Vijayalakshmi R. Iyer
19. Recently, which international organisation has released the World Development Report 2013:
Answer: World Bank
20. Recently, where the Sixth Conference of the Association of SAARC Speakers and
Parliamentarians was held?
21. Which country has won the recently held Asian Kabbadi Championship?
22. A online file tracking system of the secretariat titled "Information and Data Exchange Advanced
System' (IDEAS) has been launched by which state Govt.?
23. Recently, where the new Rail Coach Factory has been inaugurated?
24. What is the rank of India on Ernst & Youngs renewable attractiveness index?
Answer: 4th. India ranks fourth on Ernst & Youngs renewable attractiveness index after China, the
US and Germany.
Chief Ministers of the states
S.No. State Name
1 Andhra Pradesh Nallari Kiran Kumar Reddy
2 Arunachal Pradesh Nabam Tuki
3 Assam Tarun Gogoi*
4 Bihar Nitish Kumar*
5 Chhattisgarh Raman Singh*
6 National Capital Territory of
Delhi Sheila Dixit
7 Goa Manohar Parrikar
8 Gujarat Narendra Modi
9 Haryana Bhupinder Singh Hooda
10 Himachal Pradesh Prem Kumar Dhumal
11 Jammu & Kashmir Omar Abdullah*
12 Jharkhand Arjun Munda*
13 Karnataka Jagadish Shettar
14 Kerala Oommen Chandy
15 Madhya Pradesh Shivraj Singh Chauhan
16 Maharashtra Prithviraj Chavan
17 Manipur Okram Ibobi Singh
18 Meghalaya Mukul Sangma*
19 Mizoram Lal Thanhawla
20 Nagaland Neiphiu Rio*
21 Orissa Naveen Patnaik
22 Pondicherry N. Rangaswamy
23 Punjab Prakash Singh Badal*
24 Rajasthan Ashok Gehlot
25 Sikkim Pawan Kumar Chamling
26 Tamil Nadu J.Jayalalitha
27 Tripura Manik Sarkar*
28 Uttarakhand Vijay Bahuguna
29 Uttar Pradesh Akhilesh Yadav
30 West Bengal Mamata Banerjee*
Union Territories * Coalition government
Governors of the states
Indian State Name
Andhra Pradesh E.S.L. Narasimhan
Arunachal Pradesh General Joginder Jaswant Singh
Assam Janaki Ballabh Patnaik
Bihar Devanand Konwar
Chhattisgarh Shekhar Dutt, SM
Goa Bharat Vir Wanchoo
Gujarat Kamla Beniwal
Haryana Jagannath Pahadia
Himachal Pradesh Urmila Singh
Jammu and Kashmir Narinder Nath Vohra
Jharkhand Syed Ahmed
Karnataka Hans Raj Bhardwaj
Kerala Hans Raj Bhardwaj ("additional charge" due to the death of M. O. H. Farook)
Madhya Pradesh Ram Naresh Yadav
Maharashtra K. Sankaranarayanan
Manipur Gurbachan Jagat
Meghalaya Ranjit Shekhar Mooshahary
Mizoram Vakkom Purushothaman
Nagaland Nikhil Kumar
Orissa Murlidhar Chandrakant Bhandare
Punjab Shivraj Patil
Rajasthan Margaret Alva
Sikkim Balmiki Prasad Singh
Tamil Nadu Konijeti Rosaiah
Tripura Dnyandeo Yashwantrao Patil
Uttarakhand Aziz Qureshi
Uttar Pradesh Banwari Lal Joshi
West Bengal M.K. Narayanan
However, Delhi and Pondicherry have a measure of self-government with an elected legislature and cabinet- hence the role of
the Lieutenant-Governor in those territories is more akin to that of a state governor. The other 4 territories have an
administrator appointed, who is an Indian Administrative Service officer.
Union Territory Name of the Governor
Andaman and Nicobar Lt. Gen. Bhopinder Singh PVSM,AVSM
Delhi Tejendra Khanna
Pondicherry Iqbal Singh
Union Territory Name
Chandigarh Shivraj Patil
Dadra and Nagar Haveli B.S. Bhalla
Daman and Diu B.S. Bhalla
Lakshadweep Amar Nathhttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chandigarhhttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shivraj_Patilhttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dadra_and_Nagar_Havelihttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daman_and_Diuhttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lakshadweep