Post on 30-Oct-2014
Embed Size (px)
DESCRIPTIONVivekananda Kendra, kanyakumari - spiritually oriented service mission aims activities achievements
- 1. ..a thought movement
2. I am proud to belong to a religion which has taught the World both tolerance and universal acceptance. We believe not only in universal toleration but we accept all religion as true. 3. A hundred thousand men & women, fired with the zeal of holiness, fortified with the eternal faith in the Lord, and nerved to lions courage by their sympathy for the poor and the fallen and the downtrodden, will go over the length and breadth of the land, preaching the gospel of the salvation, the gospel of help, the gospel of social raising up, the gospel of equality. Swamijis plan for rejuvenating Bharat 4. An aggregate or a congregation of men does not make a nation, nor do the geographical area and duration of time qualify a society to be known as a nation. A government formed on such a basis can be called a state, but not a nation. It is common goal or mission that makes a nation. All the constituents strive collectively for something noble.Service with spiritual orientation results in man-making which invariably and inseparably connected with nation building. It is the core of all our thoughts behindVivekananda Kendra. Eknathjis thought behind Vivekananda Kendra 5. Twin Objectives Man-Making - Nation Building T o developNational character ofa man , to develop creative leadership amongst the society, to transform an ordinary man to do extraordinary work. All the constituents strive collectively for something noble.Service with spiritual orientation results in man-making which invariably and inseparably connected with nation building. All the constituents strive collectively for something noble . 6. Man-Making through
- - Karyapadhdhati-Yoga Varga, Samskar Varga,
- Swadhyaya Varga
- - Utsavas
- - Shibirs
- - Projects
7. Yoga Varga to integrate individual with the society and establishing the Yoga way of life in all. Swadhyaya Varga coming together, thinking together and working together for national resurgence. Samskar Varga to instill nationalism, cultural values and total personality development in children. 8. Utsavas Samarth Bharat Parva Guru Poornima Universal Brotherhood Day Sadhana Diwas Gita JayantiVivekananda Kendra Utsavas are with national perspective to awaken national consciousness. Also, for revitalizing the significance of the principlesbehind the Utsavas. 9. Shibirs
- -Yoga Shiksha Shibir
- -Spiritual Retreat
- -Karyakarta Prashikshan Shibirs
- -Acharya Prashikshan Shibir
- -Youth Shibirs
Shibirsorganised in Vivekanandapuram awaken the dormant spirit yoking it to development of self and also the nation ignited people alone can bring about the desired change. 10. Projects
- Vivekananda Kendra has several projects for the cause of Education, Culture and Sustainable Development. These projects are spread all over the country and are expanding in their reach and effect.
11. Arun Jyoti Objective: Development through Culture Activities: Anaupacharik Shiksha Manch, Swasthya Seva Manch, Yuva Manch, Mahila Manch, Samskritik Manch. Located in Arunachal Pradesh 12. Vivekananda Kendra Institute of Culture
- Objective : To bring forth the unique attributes of the North-East and nourish the commonalities.
Activities : Organisation of Seminars, workshops, documentation, project, lecture series, study circle and a reference library.Location : 1. Guwahati2. A VKIC Arunachal Chapter at Itanagar, Arunachal Pradesh. 13. Vivekananda Rural Welfare Project
- Objective : Socio-Economic Project aimed at all round development of Tribal Women
Activities: Training cum production centre in weaving, knitting, tailoring, embroidery, different agro based training and demonstration, a day scholar school and awareness camp.Location: Khatkhati, Assam 14. Vivekananda Kendra Vidyalayas
- Objective : To impart Man-Making and Nation Building Education.
Located in Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Nagaland, Andamans, Karnataka andTamilnadu. 15. Today, there are 47Vivekananda Kendra Vidyalayasin 6 States and more than 20,000 students are given Man-Making Character building education as envisaged by Swami Vivekananda 16. Vivekananda Kendra Prakashan Trust
- Objective : To spread the noble thoughts of Swami Vivekananda and healthy literature to inspire youth with the message.
Activities : Publication in English, Hindi, Marathi, Gujarati, Assamese and Tamil.Location: Chennai, Jodhpur, Pune, Palitana and Guwahati. 17. Vivekananda Kendra Prakashan Trust English Vivekanada Kendra Patrika Assamese+English Vivek Jagruti Gujarati Vivek Sudha Marathi Vivek Vichar Tamil Vivek Vani Hindi Kendra Bharati English Yuva Bharati Language Magazine 18. Vivekananda Kendra Medical Research Foundation
- Objective : Medical Sevices
Activities : Vivekananda Kendra (NRL) Hospital Treatment through modern technology and medical camps in 13 villages regularly. 2. VK Hospital, Pullong, Mobile Medical Services.Location : 1. Numaligarh, Golaghat, Assam 2.Tirap, Arunachal Pradesh. 19. Natural Resources Development Project
- Objective : Sustainable Development
Activities : Cost effective housing, water management, organic farming, indigenous health system, renewable energy . Location : Kanyakumari Internationallyacclaimed through Ashden Award 2005 20. Rural Development Project
- Objective: To motivate rural people to adhere to and nurture the cherished values of Sanatana Dharma.
Activities : Drinking water, Relief programs, Cultural classes, Amrud Surubhi, aid to poor students, Balawadis, Cultural competitions, Camps, Medical centres, Womens activities, Youth programs,Eye care, Adopt a granny, Deep Poojas. Location : Toothukudi, Tamilnadu 21. Vivekananda Kendra Vedic Vision Foundation
- Objective : Creating a network of thinkers and scholars of Vedic Studies, Conducting research on Vedic Knowledge and supporting Vedic Scholars, Dissemination of Vedic Knowledge in order to promote the practice of Vedic Truths in the families.
Activities: Publications, Yoga andPranayama Courses, Personality Development Camps, Celebrations, Satsanga and Spiritual discourses.Location : Kodungallor, Kerala 22. Everything looks propitious and Indian thought, philosophical and spiritual, must once more go over and conquer the world. 23. Vivekananda Kendra International
- Objective :Initiative for harmony between civilizations through dialogue and discussions.
Activities : Organising Conferences, Seminars and Study circles . Location : New Delhi 24. Who will give the World light? Sacrifice in the past has been the law, it will be, alas, for ages to come. The earths bravest and best will have to sacrifice themselves for the good of the many, for the welfare of all. 25. Let us make the Whole World Noble 26.
- Vivekananda Kendra, Kanyakumari
- Tamilnadu 629 702
- Ph: 04652-247012