Unit 1 Friends Comic strip and Welcome to the unit
out of 28
Post on 26-Dec-2015
Embed Size (px)
- Slide 1
- Unit 1 Friends Comic strip and Welcome to the unit
- Slide 2
- Eddie and Hobo Eddie is ________. He likes _________________. fat Hobo is ________ and ________. lovely eating and sleeping clever Comic strips How much do you know about them?
- Slide 3
- Are Eddie and Hobo good friends? Why?
- Slide 4
- 1 Hobo is hungry. What does Eddie give Hobo? Eddie gives Hobo some milk and a cake. 2 Is there anything else in the fridge? No, there is nothing else( ) in the fridge. 3 What does Hobo want? Why? He wants to share Eddies pizza in the bowl. Because he wants some more food ( ). Read and answer
- Slide 5
- Work in pairs and act the dialogue out. Read Eddie and Hobos dialogue
- Slide 6
- Will Eddie share the pizza with Hobo at last? Yes. Why? Because they are friends. Welcome to the unit
- Slide 7
- Today Hobo was ________. Eddie gave him _________ and some_______. Hobo wanted to have ____________ food. But there was ____________ in the fridge. At last, Eddie had to _________ the pizza with Hobo. hungry a cake milk some more nothing else share Please complete the short passage
- Slide 8
- What can you learn about friends from Eddie and Hobo? Friends can Teenagers like to make friends. Do you know the qualities of a good friend? share things with each other. kind, polite, helpful, friendly
- Slide 9
- Do you talk to him/her when you are happy ? Y/N Do you talk to him/her when you are sad ? Y/N = Can your friend make you happy? = Can your friend share your happy things ? joy ( )? Questionnaire about your friends qualities
- Slide 10
- Do you talk to him / her about anything ? Y/ N Do you talk to him/her when you have problems? Y/ N Do you believe what he/she says? Y/ N = Can your friend keep secrets ( )? = Is your friend honest ( )? =Can your friend help you? = Is your friend helpful?
- Slide 11
- (be) helpful (be) honest keep secrets make sb. happy share ones joy What makes your friend so special? qualities of a good friend
- Slide 12
- helpful - d honest - e keep secrets - c make me happy - a share my joy - b Please help Daniel match the qualities with the questions in Teenagers magazine on page 7.
- Slide 13
- What other qualities does your friend have? Is he/she ?clean and tidy good-looking( ) friendly polite good at music musical ( ) clever funny
- Slide 14
- What are the important qualities of a good friend? quite important not important very important polite helpful honest clean and tidy clever friendly funny good- looking musical
- Slide 15
- Complete the table on page 7 I think that to be friendly, musical is very/quite/not important. It is very/quite/not important for my friend to be friendly, musical Please read your answers to your partner by using the following sentences.
- Slide 16
- Slide 17
- What does your friend look like? He/She is clean and tidy. He/She is good-looking. Do you think these qualities are very important qualities of a good friend? I think that to be ____________ is _____________.
- Slide 18
- What personalities does your friend have? He/She is helpful. (honest,friendly,polite...)
- Slide 19
- What abilities does your friend have? He/She is clever. He/She is musical.
- Slide 20
- What makes your friends so special? keeping secrets making you happy sharing your joy
- Slide 21
- A: Hello. May I ask you some questions about your best friend? B: Of course. A: What does he/she look like? B: He/She looks______________. A: What makes your best friend so special? B: He/She is _____________________________ A: Good! Do you think it is very important for your best friend to be good-looking? B: No. I think that to be helpful and polite is very important. A: Thank you for joining us! My best friend clean and tidy Oral practice honest and makes me happy.
- Slide 22
- 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 A Translate these following phrases and sentences. Exercises
- Slide 23
- 8 9 10 11 12 ? 13
- Slide 24
- 1 be hungry 2 You are so kind. 3 some more food/ another some food 4 share my joy 5 be honest 6 keep secrets 7 make me happy 8 have problems 9 be clean and tidy 10 be funny 11 be musical 12 Can I have something to drink, please? Yes, please. 13 There is nothing else in the fridge. Keys to exercises Read and remember
- Slide 25
- Complete the sentences. 1 My friend __________ ( ). 2 I can ________ Amy ________________ ( ). 3 There is not enough bread for supper. We need to ___________________ ( ). is honest talk toabout anything buy some more
- Slide 26
- 4 ____________________( ) are there in the cupboard? There are four. 5 My best friend often _________________ ( ). 6 He always helps me when I _______________ ( ). How many bowls makes me happy have problems
- Slide 27
- Put them into English 1.A: B: 2. , 3. 4. 5. A: Would you like something to drink? B: No, thanks. There is nothing in the fridge. Can you get some for me? Maybe you can share a room with me? If you have problems with your English, I can help you. Dont make him sad.
- Slide 28
- Homework 1 Copy the new words. 2 Read and recite the dialogue. 3 Finish additional exercises.
View more >
Unit 5 International charities Comic strip+ Welcome to the unit Unit 5 International charities Comic strip+ Welcome to the unit