transportation planning ce 573 lecture 2. topics multimodal transportation planning define...
out of 12
Post on 21-Dec-2015
Embed Size (px)
- Slide 1
- Transportation Planning CE 573 Lecture 2
- Slide 2
- Topics Multimodal Transportation Planning Define sustainable transportation Measure sustainable transportation
- Slide 3
- Multimodal Transportation Planning
- Slide 4
- Sustainable Transportation What is it? Capacity for continuance Right to better life for everyone What is the problem? Resource depletion Environmental Impacts Social progress Economic growth
- Slide 5
- The Problem in Transportation Transportation Environmental Impacts Social ImpactsResources Economic Impacts What outcome does the community want?
- Slide 6
- Conventional vs Comprehensive Transportation Planning Narrow goal set Broader goal set Accessibility Mobility Information
- Slide 7
- Sustainability Principles Comprehensive analysis Integrated/strategic planning Goals focused (environmental, social, and economic) Market principles Transparency, accountability, and public involvement
- Slide 8
- Sustainability Indicators for Transportation pages 7 to 9 Reading 3 page 28 Reading 2 Selection example Identify goals Select indicators
- Slide 9
- Choosing Indicator Sets See page 6 Reading 2 Use more than 1 Should reflect goals Perspectives and limitation are understood Data are available Generalized across time and jurisdiction Useful for decisions
- Slide 10
- Campus Transportation Goals What should the goals be?
- Slide 11
- Campus Transportation Indicators How should we measure our progress?
- Slide 12
- Assignments No reading No homework
View more >