towards an agile design process
Post on 21-Oct-2014
Embed Size (px)
Towards a More Agile Design Process
How most approach the design process
How most manage their design
The current trend is a bit moreagile
Whats the difference?
How do you switch tracks and move to agile?
A tale of two management strategies
And two calendarsAgileWaterfall
1) Drop the compsSet the mood board with color palettes, images, proposed grid structure, typography, and other site examplesAgile: days 1-5
1) Drop the compsUse the mood board to focus conversation to gauge the clients preferences Agile: days 1-5
2) Go only half-way Agile: days 6-9Do a partial design mockup instead of a full design mockup
2) Go only half-wayGet feedback on specific aspects and make changes Agile: days 6-9
3) Give it your allOnce youve received sufficient feedback and are going in right direction, then go all the way and finish the design.Agile: days 10-13
4) Done!Agile: day 14
Meanwhile, back at the waterfall ranchDesigners are doing thisWaterfall: day 14Clients are doing this
OutcomesControlled iterationClient input and collaborationSatisfaction on both sides
Recap of stepsDrop the compsSet the mood, create a conversation
Go only half-wayGet feedback and buy-in to move forward
Give it your all when you know everything is right
You decide which fits best for your project Waterfall? Or Agile?