togaf 9.1 basic concepts
out of 26
Post on 22-Jan-2018
Embed Size (px)
- 1. Togaf Foundation Part I Basic Concepts
- 2. Basic Concepts Togaf Standard Enterprise Architecture Architecture Framework Architecture Domain Togaf Standard Structure
- 3. 1 What is Togaf Standard ? Architecture Framework for Enterprise Architecture
- 4. What is Togaf Standard ? Tool Applying Enterprise Architecture assist in acceptance, production, use, and maintenance of EA Iterative process model ADM method is heart of Togaf to build EA that meet business needs. Supported by best practices and a re-usable architectural assets. Architecture Framework Togaf standard is architecture framework that can be use in conjunction with other frameworks
- 5. 2 What is Enterprise Architecture ? Enterprise Definition Architecture Definition Enterprise Architecture Definition Why do I need EA ? What are the business benefits for EA ?
- 6. Enterprise Definition Enterprise Any collection of organizations that has a common set of goals Large corporations may comprise multiple enterprises. Extended Enterprise comprises the partners, suppliers, and customers, as well as internal business units. Enterprise Can Be Single department Chain of geographically distant organizations linked together by common ownership. Government Agency Whole Corporation Division of a corporation
- 7. Architecture Definition Definition 2 Structure of components, their inter-relationships, and principles and guidelines governing their design and evolution over time Definition 1 Formal Description or Detailed plan Of system at component level to guide its implementation
- 8. Enterprise Architecture Definition Conceptual blueprint Defines the structure and operation of an organization EA Intent to determine how to achieve current and future objectives of organization Mapping Business into IT The organizing logic for business processes and IT infrastructure reflecting integration and standardization requirements of firms operating model.
- 9. Why we need Enterprise Architecture ? Optimize Across Enterprise [fragmented legacy processes into integrated environment ] Responsive To Change Support Delivery of Business Strategy Providing a Strategic Context for IT in response to constantly change of business needs Management and exploitation of information through IT Achieving Competitive Advantage
- 10. What are business benefits of Enterprise Architecture ? A more efficient business operation : 1. Lower business operation costs 1. Increase organization agility 2. Business capabilities shared across organization 3. Lower change management costs 4. More flexible workforce 5. Improved business productivity A more efficient IT operation : 1. Lower software development, support, and maintenance costs 2. Increased portability of applications 3. Improved interoperability and easier system and network management 4. Improved ability to address critical enterprise-wide issues, such as security 5. Easier upgrade and exchange of system components
- 11. What are business benefits of Enterprise Architecture ? Better returnon existing investment, reduced risk for future investment : 1. Reduced complexity in business and IT 2. Maximum ROI in existing business and IT infrastructure 3. Flexibility to make, buy, or out-source business and IT solutions 4. Reduced risk overall in new investments and their costs of ownership Faster, simpler, and cheaper procurement : 1. Simpler buying decisions, because Information governing procurement is readily available in a coherent plan 2. Faster procurement process, maximizing procurement speed and flexibility without sacrificing architectural coherence 3. Ability to procure heterogeneous, multi-vendor open systems 4. Ability to secure more economic capabilities
- 12. 3 What is Architecture Framework ? Architecture Framework Definition Why do I need a framework for enterprise architecture ? Why Togaf is suitable as framework for EA ?
- 13. Architecture Framework Definition Foundational Structure used for developing range of different architectures Common Vocabulary And set of tools Recommended standards & compliant products Method for designing Enterprise Target state ( building blocks)
- 14. Why do I need a framework for enterprise architecture ? Future Growth Allow respond to future needs of business Simplify & Speedup Architecture Development Complete Coverage Ensure coverage of desired solution
- 15. Why Togaf is suitable as framework for EA ? Build workable - economic solutions Address business issues and needs. Consistent , reflects Needs of Stakeholders Gives consideration to current requirements and to future needs of business. Employs Best Practice Risk Reduction of architecture development Best Practice framework for Adding Value
- 16. 4 Togaf Content Architecture Domain What does Togaf Standard contains ?
- 17. Architecture Domain 4. Technology Architecture Software and Hardware capabilities Help deployment of Business , application and data Includes IT infrastructure, middleware, Networks, communications, Processing, and standards. 1. Business Architecture Business strategy Governance Organization Key business processes. 2. Application Architecture A blueprint of application Interaction to other applications Relationships to business processes 3. Data Architecture Structure of logical data assets Structure of physical data assets Data management resources.
- 18. What does Togaf Standard contains ?
- 19. What does Togaf Standard contains ? Part I : Introduction 1 High-level introduction to the key concepts of enterprise architecture 2 Contains definitions of terms , Togaf certification path
- 20. What does Togaf Standard contains ? Part II : Architecture Development Method (ADM) 1 Step-by-step approach to developing an enterprise architecture 2 Provide architecture development phases in a cycle [overall process template for architecture development activity] 3 Cross-phase summaries that cover requirements management. 4 Narrative of each architecture phase [objectives, approach, inputs, steps, and outputs]
- 21. What does Togaf Standard contains ? Part III : ADM Guidelines and techniques 1 Guidelines address adapting the ADM to deal with a number of usage scenarios (e.g,. the use for iteration) also specific specialty architectures ( such as security) 2 Techniques support specific tasks within the ADM (such as defining principles, business scenarios, gap analysis , etc.) Part III : Architecture Content Framework 1 Detailed model of architectural work products, including deliverables, artifacts within deliverables and Architecture Building Blocks (ABBs)
- 22. What does Togaf Standard contains ? Part V : Enterprise Continuum & Tools 1 Model for structuring a virtual repository 2 Methods for classifying architecture and solution artifacts [ foundation common systems industry - organization specific] Part VI : TOGAF Reference Models 1 TRM : TOGAF Technical Reference Model [Generic services architecture to provide foundation to build specific architecture] 2 III-RM : Integrated Information Infrastructure Reference Model [Based on the TOGAF Foundation Architecture]
- 23. What does Togaf Standard contains ? Part VII : Architecture Capability Framework 1 Set of resources, guidelines, templates, responsibilities ,background information, etc. 2 Help the architect establish an architecture practice within an organization
- 24. To Be continue with Togaf Foundation certified Core Concepts .. Next
- 25. Thanks! Any questions? You can find me at: @MohamedZekus email@example.com
View more >