tips to designing a beautiful bathroom
out of 9
Post on 07-Aug-2015
Embed Size (px)
- 1. Tips to Designing a Beautiful Bathroom
- 2. Whether you're in the process of building a new home and it's time to focus on the bathroom design or you're remodelling your current bathroom, bringing it up to date and creating a beautiful space you can enjoy and be proud of, there are certain things to remember to ensure that you achieve the beautiful bathroom you have been dreaming of and that blends in with the design of your home. Everyone's idea of the perfect bathroom varies. Some people like sleek and modern designs with straight lines and plenty of glass, chrome and light colours. Others prefer the more traditional design, complete with wooden floors, large bath and the chance to create a functional space for the entire family.
- 3. There are certain factors you have to take into consideration whether you're planning the most modern design or a more traditional one. The first thing is to draw up a bathroom layout complete with measurements. Keeping this at hand can help you select all your fittings and fixtures with ease, knowing how they will fit into the space, where to position them and ensuring you leave enough floor space to move around with comfort and ease.
- 4. With your bathroom layout drawn up you have an idea on the space you have available. Some homeowners are lucky and have a large space where they can create a beautiful bathroom, others have smaller spaces to work with, being creative and thinking outside the box to create their perfect dream space. Think of your colour usage. This is so important as lighter colours will help make the room feel more spacious than it actually is. Choose light coloured tiles, rather than darker ones. If you want to add a touch of darker colour, make a feature design behind your basin or in the shower to make a statements while still sticking the lighter colours, making the room feel light, bright and spacious.
- 5. Your fixtures should be chosen with care. Remember when making decisions you want your design to flow throughout the space. This means choosing cubed chrome taps for the basin, means following that design to the bath and shower, ensuring everything blends together to create a welcoming and beautiful space you can be proud of. If you're adding a bathtub to the beautiful bathroom design, then your bathtub can easily become the focal points, that one centre piece item that makes an impact on anyone walking into the room. Choose a claw foot bath, slipper bath or stand alone bath that can make a statement without compromising the space you have available in the room.
- 6. If you're working with a smaller bathroom area, you may have to forfeit the bath for a large walk in shower to ensure you don't cramp the space and provide ample space to move around while still offering a beautiful and elegant design you can be proud of.
- 7. Flooring is so important, especially if the beautiful bathroom you are designing is a family bathroom. The most slip and fall accidents in the home happen in the bathroom. You need to choose your flooring with care, ensuring it provides ample grip and yet offers a stunning finish to your room design, enabling you to complete a space you are proud of and that is relaxing and welcoming. The final step in designing a beautiful bathroom is to make use of mirrors and glass. A glass shower screen, a large mirror behind the basin can both have a great impact on the space, allowing natural light flow and making the space feel light and bright.
- 8. Resources: http://www.solofertas10.com/c119517-espejos.html http://ezinearticles.com/?Tips-to-Designing-a- Beautiful-Bathroom&id=8941766
- 9. Thank you for reading!
- 10. Thank you for reading!
View more >