time to brand yourself nmdl
Post on 16-Nov-2014
Embed Size (px)
- 1. Time to Brand Yourself! Presented by: Nakeia M. Moore
2. Connecting to the Social World!
- Blogging Sites
3. 4. Facebook
- A site where users can add friends and update their personal profiles to notify friends, family, and co-workers about themselves
- Features on the site include:
- Wall- friends can sign and view the walls of other users
- Messaging- where personal messages are sent between two or more parties
- Photos- pics are posted by users for others to see and even comment on
- pokes- users can use this feature to virtually touch other friends
- Status updates- users can use this feature to update what he or she is doing at all times
- Applications- i.e. honesty box, gifts, etc.
- Through News Feeds users can see the different updates
5. 6. Blogs
- A website where individuals can express his or her feelings, thoughts, and ideas publicly via video, photo, or through word expressions
- Usually categorized and/or themed
- i.e.: celebrity gossip blog or political policies blogs
- Viewed by a wide ranged audience to find out what other individuals think
- Allows for spectators to comment either for or against the topic being discussed
- As if text messaging wasnt enough.
- Twitter allows you to update statuses to keep your fellow followers updated on your thoughts and feelings.
- Twitter also allows you connect with a variety of different people and companies.
- Ever wonder what your favorite celebrity was doing?
- Twitter allows you to follow the most rich and famous.
- And keeps updated on the most trendy topics and even updates you the coolest people to follow.
- Are you into making cool videos?
- Are you always trying to find cool ways to express you corky personality?
- Do you enjoy displaying your talents and views on camera..if so
- YOUTUBE is just for you.
- Google is one of the five most popular websites in the world.
- Google allows you to search anything from companies to movies to certain photos to people.
- Google will search based off of your keywords and find the most used websites for that search.
10. 11. Skype
- Ever been in another state and needed to have an emergency conference back at home with the rest of the office?
- .then Skype is just for you.
- Simple as setting up your webcam and connecting to the internet.
- Skype allows you to make voice calls over the internet. From all over the world.
- Skype is used by some of the best in entrainment world.
- Oprah Winfrey it to conference in people from their private home to her studio.
- Its also used for communicating between a solider at war and his family back at home.
12. 13. Pros ands Cons toSocial Networking/Media
- A greater chance to brand yourself.
- The coverage that the internet can reach.
- Being able to find long lost friends and/or relatives.
- Being able to access news faster.
- The constant new devolvement of cites with new technology.
- Too much exposure
- Lack of privacy
- Not user friendly.
- Navigating through some cites can be more challengingthen others