Thought for the Day - To Complain or Not to Complain

Download Thought for the Day - To Complain or Not to Complain

Post on 26-May-2015

89 views

Category:

Spiritual

0 download

Embed Size (px)

DESCRIPTION

Thought for the Day - To Complain or Not to Complain Mark Twain once said: "Don't complain and talk about all your problems. 80 percent of people don't care; the other 20 percent will think you deserve them." That quote may seem harsh, but I am sure you know someone, who from the moment you say hello, they go off on a rant, complaining about anything and everything. Lets face it...complaining is fun. It feels good to vent out all the garbage that we are going through. I know myself, I am guilty of this more times than I would like admit. When my daughters were growing up they use to watch this cartoon 3-2-1 Penguins and one of my favorites episodes was "The Amazing Carnival of Complaining" which taught about the perils of complaining. The grandmother in the story quoted Philippians 2:14-16, "Do everything without grumbling or arguing, so that you may become blameless and pure, 'children of God without fault in a warped and crooked generation.' Then you will shine among them like stars in the sky as you hold firmly to the word of life. And then I will be able to boast on the day of Christ that I did not run or labor in vain." The apostle Paul challenges us with this "anti-complaining" statement because God often uses difficult situations to mold and shape our character to be more like Jesus Christ. Easier said then done right? But don't you want to be "blameless and pure?" I want to challenge you that the next time you begin to grumble and complain, stop and ask yourself what may God be trying to teach me through this circumstance?

TRANSCRIPT

  • 1. facebook.com/DailyDependence