the ultimate kenyan luxury safari - finch hattons luxury ... â€¢ afternoon tea served on the...
Post on 10-Jun-2020
Embed Size (px)
The Ultimate Kenyan Luxury Safari
Connect with the African Wilderness and experience the unique combination of Finch Hattons in Tsavo West National Park, Segera
Retreat in Laikipia and Mahali Mzuri in Olare Motorogi Conservancy, Maasai Mara. Three award winning properties, in three different
locations in Kenya.
DAY 2 - Finch Hattons
• Early morning drive in the Tsavo West National Park. • Sumptuous breakfast served at Finch Hattons or perhaps out in the bush • Morning at your leisure at camp, or why not relax the mind, body and spirit with a touch of yoga on our fabulous yoga deck overlooking the Chyulu Hills. • Lunch on the outdoor terrace at Finch Hattons. • After lunch why not treat yourself to one of our signature treatments* at the camp spa & wellness centre, or perhaps a relaxing session in our hammam? • Evening bush walk with our experienced guides to learn more about the park and its rich history, the flora and fauna unique to the park and how nature lives and thrives in the Tsavo. • Pre-dinner drinks by the camp ‘boma’ where you can hear more about the rich history of the camp and the Tsavo, with entertainment from the maasai dancers and perhaps even our resident guitar enthusiast! • Dinner at the choice venue of the evening and end it with a night cap at the star gazing terrace. • Overnight in your luxury tented suite.
DAY 1 - Finch Hattons
• Transfer to Nairobi Wilson Airport from Jomo Kenyatta International Airport. • Flight to Finch Hattons airstrip, welcome by Finch Hattons team and transfer to camp for a guided tour and to settle in to your luxury tented suite. • 3 course lunch served on the outdoor terrace overlooking the natural fresh water springs. • Afterwards relax by the infinity pool, explore our research center or gaze out over the springs from your private deck. • Afternoon tea served on the outdoor terrace followed by an afternoon drive in the Tsavo West National Park where you can marvel at the geographical wonders of the park, spot the famous red elephants and of-course, keep a keen look out for the infamous man-eaters of the Tsavo! • Sundowner with the backdrop of the magnificent Mount Kilimanjaro. • Exquisite 6-course dinner served at the choice venue of the evening. • Overnight in your luxury tented suite.
Finch Hattons Luxury Tented Camp Located in the Tsavo West National Park, Finch Hattons Luxury Camp is set around natural fresh water springs within 9,065 square kilometers of pure untouched wilderness, surrounded by views of Mount Kilimanjaro and the magnificent Chyulu Hills.
Designed to be minimally intrusive, the camp offers guests stunning views from the 17 luxury suites, fusing modern design with rustic charm to provide an experience that seamlessly combines the thrill of a safari adventure with the opulence afforded by contemporary comforts.
The open plan design of the tents invites the cooling breeze closer over the water, transporting all the authentic African sounds, tastes and smells right onto your doorstep. Inspired by the life of Denys Finch Hatton, the camp is proud of setting the standards in luxury safaris for over two decades, all driven by preserving the ideals that Denys Finch Hatton lived by; a dedication to elegance and style, coupled with a passionate love of the Kenyan wilderness and a long forgotten way of life.
*additional cost www.segera.com
Segera Retreat Segera lies at the very heart of the Laikipia Plateau, which is nestled between the glorious Mount Kenya to the east and the Great Rift Valley to the west. A stunningly diverse and seemingly magical environment, the Laikipia region boasts woodlands, grasslands and fertile riverbeds where water flowing from the Aberdare Mountains long ago gave rise to the Mutara River to the north, and the Ewaso Nyiro, Suguroi and Segera Rivers to the south.
A cascading waterfall flows from the Segera River and the natural Ivy Springs, found in the Valley of Kiseregai Creek, attract herds of elephant, buffalo, giraffe, warthog and many other native species throughout the year. Preserving the unique biodiversity in the Laikipia region is an essential cornerstone of the conservation efforts in Kenya as a whole. Here, wildlife populations and habitats are being conserved on mostly private and communal lands.
DAY 3 - Finch Hattons / Segera Retreat
• Enjoy a leisurely breakfast at Finch Hattons. • Flight to Segera Airstrip via Nairobi Wilson Airport and Nanyuki Airstrip. • Arrival in time for lunch. • Orientation - Zeitz Art Collection and botanical garden. • Early afternoon at leisure with the option of enjoying spa services. • Afternoon game drive at 4.00pm. • Bush sundowner before returning to the Retreat. • Freshen up for dinner. • Pre-dinner drinks followed by dinner served at one of the choice venues for the evening. • Overnight in the Villa.
DAY 4 - Segera Retreat
• Breakfast. • Explore the diverse landscapes from the Paddock House during breakfast. • A guided nature walk to the back of house tour including solar farm, water recycling plant and the hanger which houses the GAMMY the original plane from the award winning movie “Out Of Africa”. • Proceed with a game drive en route to SATUBO women’s beading group - A Zeitz Foundation Initiative that has transformed the age-old tradition of beading and handicraft into a financial viable enterprise. Participate by learning how to make the beading products with the option of purchasing some of the handmade traditional jewellery. • Bush lunch. • Return to Retreat for relaxation in the Villas or by the pool with an option of enjoying spa* services. • Travel back in time by reading unpublished letters from David Livingstone, Karen Blixen and Hemingways displayed in the Explorers Lounge. • Pre-dinner drinks followed by dinner at the choice venue of the evening. • An option of a sleep out on the outdoor swing beds - weather permitting.
DAY 5 - Segera / Mahali Mzuri
• Breakfast at Segera Retreat. • Morning at leisure. • Departure from Segera Retreat to Olare Orok Airstrip via Nairobi Wilson Airport. • Welcome by Mahali Mzuri and transfer to camp for a guided tour and to settle in to your tented suite. • Explore Mahali Mzuri and get to know your new home for the next few days, perhaps a refreshing dip in the swimming pool, or help yourself to your favourite drink from behind the bar! At Mahali Mzuri the rates are fully inclusive of all meals and all drinks including champagne and premium brands. • Afterwards relax and enjoy the views and the passing game of the Mara, there have been some incredible and exciting sightings straight from the camp, so make use of the binoculars provided. • Afternoon tea is served in the lounge followed by an afternoon game drive in the Olare Motorogi conservancy. Experience the wildlife of the Maasai Mara in near solitude, only the vehicles of the conservancy partners are permitted out on game drives. • Dinner will be served in the main dining tent, or perhaps out in the bush followed by drinks around the camp fire. • Overnight in your tented suite.
Mahali Mzuri Mahali Mzuri, means ‘beautiful place’ in Swahili and describes Sir Richard Branson’s tented Safari camp perfectly. Here, you’ll have a front row seat, not just to witness the Great Migration, but also to the abundant game you can see all year round.
The location in the Maasai Mara’s private and exclusive Olare Motorogi Conservancy means that guests are amongst one of the biggest lion populations in the whole of the Maasai Mara. Led by expert Maasai guides, sighting these beautiful animals is almost a daily occurrence. With a number of pride territories in the conservancy and resident leopards, watch out for some dramatic encounters.
Twelve uniquely designed tented suites are situated on the edge of an escarpment taking advantage of amazing views over the valley below and feature all modern creature comforts. Mahali Mzuri is a camp with a personality, a homely atmosphere and excellent facilities. Guests are warmly welcomed as one of the family and the service, style and decor is unique to the Maasai Mara – it’s an experience not to be missed!
DAY 6 - Mahali Mzuri
• Early morning game drive in the Olare Motorogi Conservancy. • Breakfast served at Mahali Mzuri or perhaps out in the bush. • Lunch on the shaded deck at Mahali Mzuri. • After lunch why not book a treatment* at the Nasaro Spa. • Learn from your Maasai Guide how to throw a spear or shoot a bow and arrow. Should you wish, a visit to a Maasai community closest to Mahali Mzuri can be arranged*, where you can understand the local way of life and meet with a Maasai Elder (a contribution to the village trust fund would apply). • Afternoon tea followed by an afternoon game drive. • Pre dinner drinks around the campfire. Share your stories and photos of what you’ve seen with the team and other guests. • Dinner in the dining tent at Mahali Mzuri. • Overnight in your tented suite.
DAY 7 - Mahali Mzuri
• Early morning game drive followed by breakfast either in the bush or at the deck as you watch the passing game. • Relax by the pool. • Lunch is served on the shaded deck. • Transfer to Olare Orok Airstrip. • Flight to Nairobi Wilson Airport. • Transfer to Jomo Kenyatta International Airport. • End of safari.
THE FOLLOWING IS INCLUDED:
• Full Board accommodation as per the