the traditional hawaiian wedding ceremony
out of 7
Post on 18-Aug-2015
Embed Size (px)
- 1. The Traditional Hawaiian Wedding Ceremony
- 2. In my opinion, the Hawaiian ceremony, complete with the kahuna pule or kahu (holy man), makes the whole exchanging-of-the-vows process much more interesting, meaningful, and beautiful (those colors!)
- 3. After all, the bride & groom did decide to make Hawaii, of all wedding destinations in the world, theirs, so why not do it the Hawaiian way?!
- 4. The bride & groom then exchange leis, hers of white flowers & his of green leaves, which serve as a symbol of their eternal love.
- 5. Finally, a ukelele player will play the Hawaiian Wedding Song while the kahu leads the couple in reciting their vows, the rings are exchanged after a blessing, and again the pu signals the end of the ceremony with a deep, resounding close.
- 6. So that's what the traditional Hawaiian wedding ceremony looks like!
- 7. Thank YOU!
View more >