The Path Is Broken
Post on 04-Jun-2015
DESCRIPTIONI have 40 years experience with masonry, but anyone who takes there time and has a plan can do it.
- 1. The Path is Broken or Before and After This is what stonework is all about. Before
2. Before 3. Looks Rough 4. Another bad picture 5. 13 years of Weather 6. Deteriorating 7. 8. Almost to the bottom 9. Last One 10. Starting at the porch and work out
- I must make a decision along with the home owner as to how much work to do to the path. It lays on gravel directly on the ground. He wants to see it smooth with good flow. We decide to pick up the stone and level them out. That is a term that does not mean level because there is a lot of drainage or fall.
- On to the 1 ststep.
11. 1 stStep 12. 2nd, 3rd, and 4th Step 13. 5th, 6th, 7th, Steps 14. 8th, 9th, 10th, Steps 15. 11th, 12th, Steps 16. Stone steps below path 17. Finished Steps 18. What We Had To Do
- At the beginning we talked about just picking up the stone that had sunk and were uneven. As I started to do this the stone started to fall apart from age and deterioration. The stone in the path were about 50 years old and just fell apart from constant moisture. I found some replacement stone and above is the finished product.