the golden chariot 19 chapters. 10 destinations. 1 journey. 19 thematically designed coaches. drawn...
Post on 26-Dec-2015
Embed Size (px)
- Slide 1
- Slide 2
- The Golden Chariot 19 CHAPTERS. 10 DESTINATIONS. 1 JOURNEY. 19 thematically designed coaches. Drawn by 5000 horses, The Golden Chariot is a monument of luxury. Its 44 cabins are fully equipped with modern amenities like wi-ft environment, plasma TV and attached baths. Yet, it is set in the past. The cabins are inspired and draws heavily from the Mysore and Belur-Halebidu schools of art and architecture. The bedspreads are handwoven by artisans who have carried tradition down the ages. The two restaurants take you on a culinary tour, a bar with the finest collection of wines and spirits is a heady experience for your taste-buds and your soul. It is a journey that travels from Bangalore, through Mysore, Shravanabelagola, Belur, Halebidu, Hampi, Badami, Ahole, Pattadakal terminationg in Bangalore. A journey that makes conversation with 1600 years of history.
- Slide 3
- Slide 4
- The Golden Chariot TRAVEL 16 CENTURIES BACK IN TIME Moulded in steel. Crafted with passion. Inspired by Kings, holy men, timeless beauties and cosmic dances. The Golden Chariot luxuriously appointed with the finest facilities takes you on journey through the pages of history. This history train takes you on journey back in time through the historic state of Karnataka. A state nestled in the South of India. The Golden Chariot on its voyage of 7 days and 7 nights unveils empires, unlocks priceless treasures, unravels secrets and takes you to a time now lost, wrapped in the lap of luxury. The Golden Chariot an unforgettable journey that chronicles may worlds of Karnataka and leaves you with myriad experiences.
- Slide 5
- Slide 6
- From the Palace to Your Chamber MANY WORLDS.ONE VOYAGE Your chambers are steeped in history and craftsmanship that narrate timeless tales. Sink into a bed of royalty, reminiscent of the Mysore Maharajas, admire the intricate carvings on the ceiling. Get lost amongst wall panels and furniture inspired by Hoysala architecture. Catch up with the future if you wish to on your plasma TV, as you travel into the past.
- Slide 7
- Slide 8
- Madira The lounge bar SPIRIT FOR YOUR SOUL. Timeless like the spirits we serve, Madira, the mythical drink of the gods is the lounge bar aboard The Golden Chariot. Pour yourself fine spirits as you unravel your soul, as you watch performances of local artisans. Celebrate the journey into timelessness as lilting music uplifts you.
- Slide 9
- Slide 10
- Experience eternity ATTAIN NIRVANA At Arogya the Ayurveda Centre, let your body be the mridangam. See your worry lines disappear as expert hands caress and rejuvenate your body with the exiler of eternal youth.
- Slide 11
- The Gym MUSCLE OVER MIND A state-of-the-art gym with the latest equipment. It comes with a changing room, a steam bath, two shower rooms and a toilet.
- Slide 12
- Nalapaka and Ruchi Two Restaurant FINE CUISINE SERVED WITH HISTORY Nalapaka named after a king and legendary chef from the times of the Mahabharata, the great Indian epic Ruchi, a name that means fine taste in Sanskrit. The two restaurants serve a spread of vegetarian and non-vegetarian culinary delights.
- Slide 13
- The Golden Chariot 19 CHAPTERS. 10 DESTINATIONS. 1 JOURNEY. Tour Highlights : Its 7 Nights / 8 Days colorful journey begins every Monday from Bangalore and traverses through to Mysore, visiting Srirangapatna, Mysore Palace; the Nagarhole National Park (Kabini) and continuing to the historical sites of Shravanabelagola, Belur-the 11th century cradle of Hoysala architecture and a world heritage site, Halebidu, Hampi and thereafter entering into the triangular heritage site of Badami, Pattadakal, Aihole, and finally the Golden Beaches of Goa before ending in Bangalore. Train Highlights : Fully air-conditioned vestibule cabins, 26 twin beds, 17 double beds cabins and, 01 cabin for physically challenged guests, Every cabin includes LCD televisions with DVD with 6 satellite channels, wardrobe, vanity/writing desk and private bathroom with luxurious amenities and accessories, Restaurant Coaches interiors are inspired by timeless aesthetics of Hampi & Halebid with a combination of 4 and 2 seat cover tables, Lounge Bar coach has elegant bar & plush interiors replacing the Mysore Palace aura of royalty and charm, Conference Coach with a seating capacity of 25-30 guests with 42 LCD television and high speed internet area, Gym Coach has a fully equipped gymnasium; two massage rooms for rejuvenating experience including Ayurveda massages. Tour Duration : 7 Nights / 8 Days Places Covered : Bangalore - Srirangapatnam - Mysore - Kabini - Shravanabelagola - Belur - Halebid - Hampi - Badami - Aihole - Pattadakal Goa - Bangalore The Golden Chariot Tour starts on every Monday of the week from Yeshwantpur Railway Station Bangalore.
- Slide 14
- Bangalore to Bangalore 07 Nights / 08 Days Tours Day 1 Monday (Bangalore) 1230 1300 1330 1430 1800 1930 1930 - 2200 Day 2 Tuesday (Mysore) 0730 0915 0930 1400 1530 1630 1800 - 1930 2015 2015 - 2200 : Arrival at Blue Ginger Taj Westend : Check-in formalities : Lunch at Blue Ginger : Departure for sight seeing to Vidhana Soudha, Lal Bagh St.Marks Cathedral with some spare time for shopping at MG Road : Leave for Yeshwantpur Railway Station by coach : Welcome with garland and Tikka at The Golden Chariot : Bar opens : Dinner : Breakfast on Board : Assemble at the Station : Departure for sight seeing to Srirangapatna and Daria Daulat Fort by coach : Lunch at Regaalis : Sight seeing of Chamundi Hills by coach : Sight seeing of Mysore Palace by coach : Tea and Trip to Rangayana Kala Mandir for Cultural Show by coach : Bar opens : Dinner 19 CHAPTERS. 10 DESTINATIONS. 1 JOURNEY. Day 3 Wednesday (Kabini) 0730 0915 0930 1130 1200 1300 1430 1500 1630 1830 1900 2100 2100 2200 Day 4 Thursday (Hassan) 0640 0730 0845 0930 1100 1145 1245 1330 1500 1845 1930 1930-2200 2000 : Breakfast on Board : Assemble at the Station : Departure for sight seeing to Kabini by coach : Tea / Coffee : Boat ride : Lunch at Kabini : Wildlife movie : Peaceful walk with nature : Jungle safari in jeeps : Back to the resort : Departure to board the The Golden Chariot for dinner by coach : Bar opens : Dinner : Leave for Hassan : Breakfast on board : Arrival at Hassan and drive to Halebid by coach : Arrival at Halebid for temple visit : Drive to Belur : Sightseeing of Belur : Drive to The Golden Chariot for lunch on board : Lunch on board : Departure for Shravanabelagola : Drive to The Golden Chariot : Bar opens : Dinner : Train departs for Hospet (overnight journey) Continue
- Slide 15
- Bangalore to Bangalore 07 Nights / 08 Days Tours Day 5 Friday (Hospet) 0600 0730 0900 0945 1200 1315 1445 1615 1645 1715 1830 1915 2000 2045 2045 2200 Day 6 Saturday (Gadag, Aihole, Pattadakal, Badami) 0600 0730 0800 0845 1115 1130 1230 1300 : Arrival at Hospet : Breakfast on board : Departure for Hampi by coach : Arrival at Hampi Sightseeing Mustard Seed Ganesha, Virupaksha temple, Krishna Bazar, Linga, Queens Bath and the fort. : Drive to The Golden Chariot for lunch : Lunch on board : Drive by coach to Hampi again Sightseeing of Hazama temple, Lotus fort and elephant stable : Tea / coffee break at KSTDC guest house : Drive to Vittala temple complex : Cultural show at the temple complex : Tea / coffee : Sound and light show inside the temple complex : Drive to The Golden Chariot for dinner : Bar opens : Dinner : Train departs for Gadag : Breakfast on board : Arrival at Gadag : Drive by coach to Hotel Badami Court for tea / coffee : Drive to Aihole : Arrival at Aihole for sight seeing : Drive by coach to Pattadakal : Arrival at Pattadakal for sight seeing 19 CHAPTERS. 10 DESTINATIONS. 1 JOURNEY. 1400 1530 1715 1730 1815 2000 2045 2045 - 2200 Day 7 Sunday (Goa) 0430 0730 0900 1045 1230 1230 1545 1730 1800 1900 2000 2000-2200 Day 8 Monday (Bangalore) 0730 1200 : Drive to Hotel Badami Court for lunch : Drive to Badami Caves : Drive to Hotel Badami Court for tea / coffee : Arrival at Hotel Badami Court : Depart to The Golden Chariot : Train departs for Goa : Bar opens : Dinner : Arrival at Vasco Railway Station : Breakfast on board : Drive to Candolim beach by coach at The Taj Holiday Village : Arrival at the beach, sun bathe and relax on the beach : Lunch at Caravela Taj Holiday Village : Sight seeing of Old Goa churches and Museum : Drive to Solas De Colacos : Visit an old Portuguese house and have tea / coffee break : Drive back by coach through Miramar beach and Panjim City : Reach the station to board The Golden Chariot and depart for Bangalore : Bar opens : Dinner Breakfast on board Arrival at Bangalore
- Slide 16
- (Half fare for children between 5 and 12 years) 10% Surcharge shall be levied on departures during Christmas / New Year. Service Tax @ 3.09% shall be levied on the prevalent tariff of The Golden Chariot as per Govt. of India norms. Above Tariff is Subject to change without notice. The Tariff includes: Tariff is inclusive of accommodation on board The Golden Chariot/ travel/all meals / Conducted Sight-seeing Tours/ Entrance fees at Monuments / Parks / Palaces and Cultural Programmes. The Tariff does not includes: Drinks, tips, laundry, telephone calls, video camera fees, SPA Car, Business Car Facilities, liquor and other items of personal nature. 19 CHAPTERS. 10 DESTINATIONS. 1 JOURNEY. Tour Prices Tour cost is per person per night basis
- Slide 17
- Booking Policy In case of FITs: 20% of ticket value at the time of confirming the booking. Remaining 80
View more >