the fine art and hard science of marketing
out of 18
Post on 22-Apr-2015
Embed Size (px)
DESCRIPTIONThe Marketing Department often gets a bad rap. We're too pushy or not pushy enough. We can't quantify how we're doing. This presentation demonstrates to business owners and marketers alike why a good marketing strategy is essential, and what tactics can be used to accomplish measurable financial & creative results.
- 1. Marla Schuchman www.thethreesheep.com The Fine Art and Hard Science of Marketing
- 2. Art Source:ErikKwakkel Science Creativity Practice Experimentation Facts & Figures Strategic Planning
- 3. Marketing is reaching a relevant audience and encouraging them to take an action that will benefit your business.
- 4. The Worst Area of Business?
- 5. The Worst Area of Business Everyone Hates Marketing
- 6. Sistine Chapel ceiling is a great marketing campaign for the Catholic Church Raises Awareness Enhances Brand Brings Organic Traffic
- 7. Big Picture Perspective + Targeted Tactics Holistic Marketing
- 8. Big Picture: Know Your Audience
- 9. Tactics: Define your audience using research-backed personas Determine how they can & should act to your benefit All customer engagement is not a like Comments vs. Likes vs. Shares
- 10. Big Picture: Define Your Footprint
- 11. Reality: Marketing analytics tools have a lot of competition. Find one that works for you. Assumption: Marketing is hard to quantify.
- 12. Tactics: Results-oriented metrics - focus on actions taken, not page views Tools - CRM, CMS, email automation, customer support platforms, analytics Monitor & involve other departments Sales, Finance, Support, R&D, et al. affect and are affected by marketing efforts
- 13. Big Picture: Embrace Creativity
- 14. Tactics: Allow room for creative freedom Experiment & find inspiration
- 15. Know Your Audience Define Your Footprint Embrace Creativity
- 16. May 30th, 12:302:00pm @ Peninsula Technology Incubator www.thethreesheep.com/events
- 17. email@example.com 757-932-5080 www.thethreesheep.com
View more >