the bahá’i faith. baha’i teachings independent investigation of truth oneness of god oneness of...
out of 14
Post on 16-Dec-2015
Embed Size (px)
- Slide 1
- The Bahi Faith
- Slide 2
- Bahai Teachings Independent investigation of truth Oneness of God Oneness of religion Progressive revelation Oneness of mankind Universal Education Equality of men and women Elimination of prejudice Abolition of extremes of wealth and poverty Universal auxiliary language The harmony of science and religion The promise of world peace
- Slide 3
- Independent investigation of truth By its aid thou shall see with thine own eyes and not through the eyes of another, and shall know of thine own knowledge and not through the knowledge of thy neighbour. Ponder this in your heart; how it behoveth thee to be. Verily justice is My gift to thee and the sign of My loving kindness. Set it then before thine eyes. He does not ask us to follow Him blindlyGod has endowed man with a mind to operate as a torchlight and guide him to the truth.
- Slide 4
- Oneness of God He is, and hath from everlasting been, one and alone, without peer or equal, eternal in the past, eternal in the future, detached from all things, ever abiding, unchangeable, and self-subsisting. Every created thing in the whole universe is but a door leading unto His knowledge. So perfect and comprehensive is His creation that no mind or heart, however pure, can ever grasp the nature of the most insignificant of His creatures; much less fathom the mystery of Him Whom is the daystar of truth
- Slide 5
- Oneness of religion The religions brought to mankind by a succession of spiritual luminaries have been the primary link between humanity and that ultimate reality, and have galvanised and refined mankinds capacity to achieve spiritual success together with social progress. The religions have one truth underlying them; therefore, their reality is one In brief, every one of the divine religions contains essential ordinances, which are not subject to change, and material ordinances, which are abrogated according to the exigencies of timeBy investigating the truth or foundation underlying their own and others beliefs, all would be united and agreed, for this reality is one; it is not multiple nor divisible.
- Slide 6
- Progressive Revelation Everyone of them is a mirror of God, reflecting naught else but His Self, His Beauty, His might and Glory For every age requires a fresh measure of the light of God. Every Divine revelation hath been sent down in a manner which befitted the circumstance of the age in which it hath appeared Gods purpose in sending His prophets unto men is twofold. The first is to liberate the children of men from the darkness of ignorance and guide them to the light of true understanding. The second is to ensure the peace and tranquility of mankind, and provide all the means by which they can be established.
- Slide 7
- Universal Education inasmuch as ignorance and lack of education are barriers of separation among mankind, all must receive training and instruction universal education is a universal law. The education and training of children is among the most meritorious acts of humankind Knowledge is as wings to mans life, and a ladder for ascentThe knowledge of such science, however, should be acquired as can profit the people of the earth Regard man as mine rich in gems of inestimable values, education can alone, cause it to reveal its treasures and enable mankind to benefit there from.
- Slide 8
- Equality of Men and Women Among the teachings is the equality of women and men. The world of humanity has two wings. Not until both wings are equally developed can the bird fly.
- Slide 9
- Elimination of Prejudice All prejudice, whether of religion, race, politics or nations, must be renounced, for these prejudices have caused the worlds sickness. The fact that we imagine ourselves to be right and everybody else wrong is the greatest of all obstacles of the path toward unity
- Slide 10
- Abolition of extremes of wealth and poverty It is important to limit riches, as it is important to limit poverty. Either extreme is not good. In all matters moderation is desirable if a thing is carried to excess it will prove a source of evil Bahullh
- Slide 11
- One universal auxiliary language The day is approaching when all the people of the world will have adopted one universal language and one common script these things are obligatory and absolutely essential.
- Slide 12
- The Harmony of Science and Religion Religion and science are the two wings upon which mans intelligence can soar should a man try to fly with the wings of religion alone he would quickly fall into the quagmire of superstition, whilst on the other hand, with the wings of science alone he would also make no progress.. but fall into the despairing slough of materialism. Abdu'l- Baha There is no contradiction between true religion and science Abdu'l- Baha
- Slide 13
- The promise of world peace Should any king take up arms against another, all should unitedly arise and prevent him peace must first be established among individuals, until it leadeth in the end to peace among nations The wellbeing of mankind, its peace and security, are unattainable unless and until its unity is firmly established.
- Slide 14
- The Earth is but one country And mankind its citizens
View more >