Test Paper 1 Grade 8th
Post on 03-Feb-2016
DESCRIPTIONtest paper 8th grade
Name ___________________________________________________________ Date ___________________________Grade 8thTEST PAPER Nr. 1
I. Read the text about Bill Gates and do the following tasks:BILL GATESBill Gates is one of the most influential and richest men in the world. He is the chairman of Microsoft Corporation, the worldwide leader in software. Bill Gates was born on October 28, 1955 in Seattle. He has two sisters Kirstin and Libby. Kirstin is one year older than Bill and Libby is nine years younger. Their father, William Gates is a lawyer and their mother Mary Maxwell Gates is a schoolteacher.
Gates attended public elementary school at the private Lakeside School. There he discovered his interest in software and began programming computers at the age of 13.
He is married with Melinda French Gates since 1994 and they have three children: Jennifer Katharine Gates (1996), Rory John Gates (1999) and Phoebe Adele Gates (2002). Bill Gates house is one of the most expensive houses in the world and it is a modern 21st century earth-sheltered home in the side of a hill overlooking Lake Washington in Medina, Washington.
Bill is also an avid reader and enjoys playing golf and bridge but he hates doing gymnastics.
II. Say if the following sentences are True or False: (1p.* 5 = 5 points)1. Bill Gates has one brother and one sister. ______
2. He started programming computers at the age of 13. ______
3. Melinda French Gates is Bills sister. ______4. Bill Gates has three daughters. _______
5. Bill Gates lives in New York.__________
III. Where did Bill Gates discover his interest in software? (2 p.)_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
III. Who were Bill Gates` parents and what were they? (2 p.)_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________IV. Bill Gates _______________________ reading books. (1p.)a) doesn`t like b) hates c) admires b) adoresGRAMMARI. Choose the right variant: (1p.* 7 = 7 points)1. It was/ There was only one person in the park.
2. There is/ It is very important to have a good sleep at night.3. Money don`t bring/doesn`t bring happiness.
4. There is/ It is no place like home.5. The police have caught/has caught the thieves.
6. My clothes are /is in the wardrobe.
7. The staff consist/consists of fifty people.
II. Match the words on the left with the definitions on the right: (1p.* 6 = 6 points)1. Schedule a) a time by which something must be done.
2. Crew b) to do well what you are trying to do.
3. Lack c) farmyard birds such as hens, ducks, etc., kept for eggs and meat
4. Deadline d) all the people working on a ship, plane, spacecraft, etc.5. To succeed e) not having something or not having enough of something.
6. Poultry f) a list of activities and the times they will happen.
III. Find the word that does not belong to the list: (1p.* 7 = 7 points)1. (a)schedule(b)card(c)timetable(d)agenda
29 p.-30 p. _ 10
26 p.-28 p. _ 9
23 p.-25 p. _ 8
19 p.-22 p. _ 7
14 p.-18 p. _ 6
10 p.-13 p. _ 5
6 p.- 9p. _ 4
4 p.- 5 p. _ 3
2 p.- 3 p. _ 2
0 p. 1 p. _ 1