Post on 06-Aug-2015
Embed Size (px)
- 1. Tenzin Gyatso By: Mikhail Kazimirov & Joe Madigan
- 2. Video http://www.biography.com/people/dalai-lama-9264833
- 3. Titles Tenzin Gyasto His Holiness The Dalai Lama The 14th Dalai Lama He has also gained many other honorable mentions from the Tibetan people.
- 4. Summary Tenzin Gyatso is a Buddhist monk from Tibet He is both a spiritual and political leader to the Tibetan people Began His Education at the age of six Studied five main things Logic Tibetan art and culture Sanskrit Medicine Buddhist philosophy
- 5. How hes a Martyr Tenzin is in a very tough situation. China has taken complete control of Tibet and oppressed its people. Hes advocating for democracy and self-rule for Tibet. Its very Martyr like of him to put himself in a situation where he is fighting one of the worlds largest superpowers that took his homeland and oppressed his people.
- 6. Similarities With Jesus The Dali Lama and Jesus have nearly Identical Missions. Tenzin spreads kindness and helps humanity properly enjoy life. Jesus spread kindness to create an enlarged focus on spiritual goodness rather than materialistic wealth. Both spread their messages through media. Jesus used Sacred Scripture while the Dali Lama uses his very popular twitter account.
- 7. Accomplishments His Holiness is a political leader around the world. On September 21st 1987 he Spoke the the United States Congress On the 15th of June 1988 he spoke to European Parliament in Strasbourg
- 8. Democratization Process The Dalai Lama is currently trying to free his people from Chinas oppression and he has won the support of many human rights activists. He is doing a great thing for his people and restoring the culture that he so greatly values. He has an in depth policy for creating a democracy in Tibet.
- 9. Democratization Process pt. 2 Transformation of the whole of Tibet into a zone of peace. Abandonment of China's population transfer policy that threatens the very existence of the Tibetans as a people. Respect for the Tibetan people's fundamental human rights and democratic freedoms. Restoration and protection of Tibet's natural environment and the abandonment of China's use of Tibet for the production of nuclear weapons and dumping of nuclear waste. Commencement of earnest negotiations on the future status of Tibet and of relations between the Tibetan and Chinese peoples.
View more >