tenzin choeyang class 10
out of 9
Post on 18-Aug-2015
Embed Size (px)
- 1. Presented by : Tenzin Choeyang Class X ARYABHATA THE GREAT INDIAN ASTRONOMY MATHEMATICIAN
- 2. Content Biography Work Mathematics Honors 08/07/15
- 3. Aryabhata First Indian astronomer mathematicians Born:476CE,KeralaIndia Education : Patna Bihar Died:550CE(atage74),
- 4. His work Aryabhatiya a book which was a compilation of mathematics and astronomy. It covers several branches of mathematics such as algebra, arithmetic, plane and spherical trigonometry.
- 5. Mathematics 1. Place value system of a number His work on place value system of number through letter. Aryabhata clearly mentions in his book when we take a limited set of number from 1,2,3,. 9 and combine them to represent bigger numerical values like 892409. from place to place increase 10 times. OnesOnesThousandsThousands 8 9 2 4 0 9
- 6. 2. Zero Aryabhata gave the world the digit "0" (zero) for which he became immortal. He used zero as to denote empty space in a number system.
- 7. 3. Pi() Aryabhata work on the approximation for pi () Ratio of circumference to diameter is 3.1416. i.e. = 3.14 is an irrational number.
- 8. Honours Indias first satellite was named as Aryabhata. Aryabhata Research Institute of Observational Sciences near Nainital. Aryabhata Knowledge University in Patna, in India 08/07/15
- 9. 08/07/15
- 10. 08/07/15
View more >