ten little writing tips
out of 12
Post on 01-Nov-2014
Embed Size (px)
DESCRIPTIONTips and How-To advice for writing. Geared towards new writers, but experienced writers should appreciate them too.
- 1. Ten Little Writing TipsShared with Love
- 2. #1 Show, Dont TellPaint a mental picture.
- 3. #2 Use Descriptive Words This goes along with #1.
- 4. #3 Vary SentenceLength Your words will flow better and your writing wont sound monotonous.
- 5. #4 Keep a DiaryYoull be surprised how manyeveryday events can be woven into a story.
- 6. #5 Increase Your Vocabulary
- 7. #6 Its Okay to Change Your Mind(rewrite if you want or have to)
- 8. (a good list is always ready to be turned into a piece of writing)
- 9. #8 Make the Thesaurus Your New Best FriendIts an invaluable tool that gives you many alternative options to say the same thing without having to repeat yourself.
- 10. #9 Write First, Then Edit (never simultaneously -youll get bogged down and stalled)
- 11. #10 Edit, Edit, EditDont fall in love with your first draft. Trim until you think you cant possibly trim any more words.
- 12. We hope youve enjoyed these ten little tips and found them helpful. Please visit ebookreviewgal.com foryour book promoting needs.
View more >