technology timeline pt.2
out of 14
Post on 13-Aug-2015
Embed Size (px)
- 1. Technology Timeline by Khyheem Finley
- 2. 1851- Wet plate collodion change the way photos have been taken, the process using glass, negatives and many chemicals. It was short lived for about 30 plus years until dry plate technology came about.
- 3. 1851- Photo and inventor by Fredrick Scott Archer Image source http://www.frederickscottarcher.com/Photographs.aspx
- 4. Late 1850s- Panoramic camera created by Thomas Sutton, to use a wide-angle lens to capture a field of view greater than the human eye. It is a special spherical lens that is water-filled and used to create a panoramic pictures without the need to rotate your camera and also without the need to glue images together afterwards.
- 5. Late 1850s- Image source http://www.myplace.edu.au/TLF_resources/R6388/description.html Thomas Sutton panoramic camera
- 6. 1861- Stereoscope Viewer became popular around this time it is a device for viewing a stereoscopic pair of separate images, depicting left-eye and right-eye images of the same thing, as a three-dimensional image. Invented by Oliver Wendell Holmes Image source: http://urbantoronto.ca/forum/showthread.php/20076- Victorian-Toronto-in-3D-Stereoscope-Photographs-from-the-19th-Century
- 7. 1871- Dry plate collodion took over for the wet plate collodion and became more practical with less to do and more shelf life. Also it was much more smaller than the wet plate, this process was invented by Richard Leach Maddox photo by Tai Oliphant image soucre: http://www.derivedlogic.com/Traditional%20Photography/DryPlateProcess/DryProcess.html
- 8. 1888- George Eastman invented the Eastman Kodak Rolled Photographic Film which was capable of using the new film movement. Image source: http://www.geh.org/fm/Brownie2/htmlsrc/me13100003_ful.html
- 9. 1935- 35mm color film was a major step up in photojournalism history, with color now it brought life and reality to motion picture and still motion.
- 10. 1935- 35mm color film Image source: http://www.shootingfilm.net/2014/04/a-brief- history-of-kodak-kodachrome-film.html
- 11. 1995- Satellite Phones was a key part in the change of photojournalism now you are able to send your photographs you have taken to your news station from where you at. The person does not have to leave,they can still take photos.
- 12. 1995- Satellite Phones Image source: http://www.globalcomsatphone.com/item/history-of-the- handheld-satellite-phone
- 13. 2005- Hybrid film/video camera dslrs once again had help the people of photojournalism improve greatly. Now you are able to take pictures and make videos all in one device.
- 14. 2005- Hybrid film/video camera dslrs Image source: http://www.canon.com/camera- museum/history/canon_story/2005_2010/2005_2010.html
View more >