technical and professional editing editing: a thumbnail of the big picture from rude, carolyn....
Post on 19-Dec-2015
Embed Size (px)
- Slide 1
- Technical and Professional Editing Editing: A thumbnail of the Big Picture From Rude, Carolyn. Technical Editing, 4 th ed.
- Slide 2
- Editors: Define the need, purpose, and scope of the document Work with writers and subject matter experts Review the text for completeness, accuracy, visual design, and overall effectiveness
- Slide 3
- Reader(s)Writer(s) Editor(s) Text
- Slide 4
- WriterEditor Why do editors work with writers?
- Slide 5
- The Product Team Client Project Manager Instructional Designers Programmers Graphic Artist Editor Writers
- Slide 6
- Editorial Functions and Responsibilities Text Editing: Making text complete, accurate, correct, comprehensible, usable, and appropriate for the readers Preparing documents for publication
- Slide 7
- Types of text editing: Comprehensive editing: Editor shares responsibility with writer for content and usability Basic Copyediting: Editor checks for correct spelling, punctuation, and grammar; for consistency in mechanics; and for accuracy and completeness
- Slide 8
- Discussion and Application Why technical editing? What questions/comments do you have?
View more >