synergies linde ar08
out of 14
Post on 12-Nov-2014
Embed Size (px)
DESCRIPTIONSynergies: Part of Linde Annual 2008 covering Elixier and myself
- 1. Synergies We continuously capitalise on the synergies that arise between our Engineering and Gases Divisions. Our position as a technology leader in the field of international plant engineering gives us a decisive advantage over other gas companies. Especially in emerging markets, the long-standing customer relationships established through our Engineering Division help drive further expansion of our gases business in numerous different countries. And this symbiosis works in both directions: our Gases Divi- sion is the Engineering Divisions biggest customer. Elixier II construction site in Abu Dhabi. The modern air separation plants Linde is building in the middle of the desert, between Abu Dhabi City and Ruwais on the coast of the Persian Gulf, play an important role in ensuring the efficient recovery of crude oil and natural gas from the Habshan on-shore field. The new plants will be connected to the local supply and pipeline network from 2010 onwards and provide nitrogen for injection into oil and gas reserves.
- 2. The population of Greater Abu Dhabi is set to rise from todays level of 900,000 to around 3.1 million by 2030. Impressive architectural proj- ects such as the Abu Dhabi Central Market are creating living space, shopping oases and office com- plexes in record time. The region also offers opportunities for Linde. The work we are doing within the framework of our joint venture with Abu Dhabi National Oil Company (ADNOC) consolidates our position as a market leader in the lucrative gases and engineering sectors.
- 3. Named after the founder of the United Arab Emirates, the Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan Mosque is the third-largest mosque in the world. Together with the Jumeirah Mosque in Dubai, it is one of only two Muslim places of worship in the UAE to permit entry to non-Mus- lims at certain times. The 400-mil- lion-euro edifice has been open for prayer since its completion at the end of 2007.
- 4. 72 Linde Annual 2008 SyNERGIES Synergies. Standing strong together. A joint venture by the name of Elixier In September 2006, the British BOC Group was acquired by The Linde Group. Since Linde and ADNOCs successful working relationship in the petrochem- then, the Gases Division, with its highly ical industry paved the way for even closer collaboration. In Novem- diverse international business base, has ber 2007, the two companies agreed to set up a joint venture for the gone on to become the Engineering Divi- production and long-term supply of industrial gases to customers in sions largest customer, with orders for air Abu Dhabi. ADNOC Linde Industrial Gases Company Ltd. trades under separation plants more than doubling during this period. Our gases the name Elixier. Both ADNOC (51 percent of the shares) and Linde business also increasingly benefits from the long-standing customer (49 percent of the shares) are shareholders in the company. contacts established by our engineering experts. Lindes successful At the time the company was founded, both partners had already track record in the United Arab Emirates (UAE) is perhaps the most set their sights on a joint project. Under contract from Elixier, Lindes high-profile example here. Engineering Division is currently working on the first air separation Over the past ten years, Linde has succeeded in positioning itself as plant in Ruwais industrial zone. It will pipe nitrogen to the Borouge a trusted partner of crude oil and natural gas producer Abu Dhabi II complex and supply liquefied nitrogen and oxygen to other custom- National Oil Company (ADNOC). This successful relationship, which ers, such as Linde and ADNOC. This Elixier I project also includes plans has since spawned a joint venture with ADNOC, is largely built on to supply Lindes Gases Division with liquefied gases for sale. the close collaboration between our Gases and Engineering Divi- sions. This partnership is behind several major deals to develop natu- Impressive reference for Elixier II ral resources projects that benefit both our Engineering and Gases Divisions. ADNOC controls around 90 percent of the extensive crude And the Linde/ADNOC collaboration keeps going from strength to oil and natural gas deposits in the UAE. strength. Just a few months after the joint venture was founded, Elixier commissioned our Engineering Division to construct two air Ethylene plant opens doors separation plants at Mirfa on the coast of the Persian Gulf, between Abu Dhabi City and Ruwais. With a total capacity of 670,000 standard Located in the Persian Gulf, the emirate of Abu Dhabi accounts for cubic metres per hour, these plants will be two of the largest of their 85 percent of the total area of the UAE, making it the largest region kind in the world. The capital outlay for this major project is around in the emirates. Linde has operated a subsidiary in Abu Dhabi since USD 800 m. 1995. In 1999, our Engineering Division was commissioned to con- The dimensions of the project are matched only by the five major struct an ethylene cracker (see glossary) in Ruwais by Borouge, a nitrogen production plants built by Linde over the past years for the joint venture between ADNOC and Austrian plastics manufacturer Cantarell complex in Mexico. To save time and money, weve been Borealis. The plant went on stream in 2001 with an annual produc- using the blueprints of these tried-and-tested air separation plants tion capacity of 600,000 tonnes. Just two years later, a second plant in Mexico for the new plants on the Persian Gulf, explains Dr Ger- constructed by Linde went online. hard Beysel, Business Development Manager for air separation plants Rising demand for thermoplastics such as polyethylene (PE in the Engineering Division. The nitrogen produced in the plants in see glossary) and polypropylene (PP see glossary) led Borouge to Mexico is pumped into the Cantarell oil field. The resulting pressure expand the complex in Ruwais (Borouge II). To this end, the com- enables the crude oil to be extracted more efficiently from below the pany commissioned one of the worlds largest ethane crackers from seabed in the Gulf of Mexico (enhanced oil recovery, EOR). Linde, a deal worth USD 1.3 bn. With an annual production capacity The nitrogen from the new plants in Mirfa (Elixier II) will in sim- totalling 1.5 million tonnes, the new ethylene plant is scheduled to ple terms be used for a similar purpose. The gas is to be trans- start operations at the end of 2009 and should more than treble pro- ported 50 kilometres by pipeline from the coast to the Habshan duction capacity for petrochemical products in Ruwais. field. Here it will be injected into gas and oil reservoirs to cre- ate a constant pressure level, enabling the gas and condensate to be pumped to the surface more evenly. Previously, natural gas was
- 5. 73 Apartments for around 280,000 people are currently being constructed on the natural island of Al Reem alone, off the north-eastern coast of the city. The project also includes hotels and a golf course. And as the skyscrapers grow, so does the need for energy. used to generate the necessary pressure. This, however, meant that bly time on-site. Linde sources machines, compressors and other large amounts of this precious energy source were lost. equipment from suppliers. At the same time, however, construction The decision to inject nitrogen into the oil and gas field was taken work in Mirfa has to be monitored and, from 2010 onwards, the plant following extensive investigations by experts at Schlumberger Oilfield components delivered by sea have to be assembled. We will be hand- Services and Exxon Mobil Corp. Choosing the correct medium to inject ing over turnkey facilities to our customer, so our engineering tasks into the reservoirs depend
View more >
Features - KION North ??Characteristics 1.1 Manufacturer Linde Linde Linde Linde 1.1 1.2 Model designation H40D H40T H45D H45T H50D H50T H50D 600
Update on Activities with Focus on RIL Jamnagar ... confidential 3 The Linde Group Overview Leveraging Synergies 3 1879 ~$20 billion ~62,000 100 Linde Engineering Technology-focused Air Separation
Standard and optional equipment Features - data Safety distance a = 200 mm According to VDI 2198 Characteristics 1.1 Manufacturer LINDE LINDE LINDE LINDE LINDE LINDE LINDE LINDE LINDE LINDE LINDE
Graduatoria di Istituto III Fascia Personale ATA ... ?· 3 ar08 80 eligio angioletta f 13,9 3 ar08 81…
Standard Equipment/Optional Equipment Data according to VDI 2198 Characteristics 1.1 Manufacturer LINDE LINDE LINDE LINDE LINDE LINDE LINDE LINDE LINDE LINDE 1.2 Model desgination
graduatoria III FASCIA Profilo III FASCIA... · 3 AR08 76 MAIONE PINA LUANA 22,4 3 AR08 77 CARANNANTE…