Post on 10-Jun-2015
Embed Size (px)
- 1. SUSTAINABLE CONTAINABLES
- U-REKA: The Final Pitch
2. Sustainable Whats??
- Outdoor recycling bins made out of salvaged materials from the Clark campus and local community
- Simple to assemble
- Assembled by Clarkies
- Paired next to each outdoor trash can
- WePAY to have trash taken away; we are PAID to recycle.
- What are donors and prospective students thinking?
- The recycling bins are conspicuous in their absence.
But what does Clark get out of it? 4. What will recycling my canreallydo?
- As members of a global community-- recycling is our obligation.
- Outdoor recycling bins make it easier to recycle.
5. Why should YOU care?
- Clarks recycling rate:
- 1 year ago: 17%
- Now: 29%
- The national average: 33%
68% could have been diverted 32% meant for landfills 6. Look how far weve come!
- CUSC allocated $15,000 for indoor recycling bins
- Students have led the recyclinginitiative on campus for thepast 2 decades
- Data from the green mentality survey shows that about 50% of students rank recycling as among their top 4 green priorities
7. It sure is a lot of money...
- Initial goal: 5 binsto pilot the project
- Ultimate goal: 20-30 bins to accompany every outdoor trash can
8. Thank you! Team Leaders :Sharon Bort Heather Mackenzie Special thanks to :The I&E Department Physical Plant Jenny Isler