student reflective assessment
out of 15
Post on 23-Aug-2014
Embed Size (px)
- 7th Grade Computer SkillsStudent PortfolioBy Tammy CarterTEC-546Instructor: Charles ElliottJune 18, 2013
- Lesson Objective: Students will analyze themost effective publication used forcommunicating information to the selectedaudience and for a selected topic. In this series of lessons students created businesspublications based upon selected topics todemonstrate their understanding of creating andformatting publications in Desktop Publishing. Students demonstrated higher order thinking skillsby coming up with business names and ideas fortheir business cards, letterheads, flyers andbrochures. Students also viewed a PowerPoint presentation onbusiness publications
- Vocabulary terms and definitions Business Card a publication used to providecontact information to individuals andbusinesses Letterhead Stationery a publication used toprovide contact information as well ascommunicating specific messages Flyer a publication used to advertise a one-time upcoming event such as a birthday party,sale, or meeting.
- Vocabulary terms continued Brochure - a publication used to giveinformation to the public in order to advertise,educate, or inform about a product or topic Balance graphics dont overpower text or vice-versa Alignment items that are related are justifiedthe same to emphasize their relationship Proximity/unity the distance betweenelements on a page
- Vocabulary continued Repetition/consistency repeated fonts, colorschemes, or graphics Contrast size and color is used to emphasizethe most important elements White space negative or blank space Target audience - the audience that that isidentified by age, educational background,interests, and group membership
- Student Business Card
- Business Card Questions to reflect What is the purpose of a business card? What are at least four things that go on abusiness card? What is the purpose of putting a picture on abusiness card? Is it necessary to have an email address on abusiness card? Why or why not? What type of programs can you use to createbusiness cards?
- Student Letterhead
- Student letterhead Questions to reflect What is the purpose of a letterhead? What are at least four things that go on aletterhead? What is the purpose of putting a picture on aletterhead? Is it necessary to have an email address on aletterhead? Why or why not? What type of programs can you use to createletterheads?
- Student Flyer
- Student flyer Questions to reflect? What is the purpose of a flyer? What are at least four things that go on a flyer? What is the purpose of putting pictures on aflyer? Why is proximity/unity important when creatinga flyer? Why is balance important when creating a flyer? Why is alignment important when creating aflyer?
- Student Brochure (part 1)
- Student Brochure (part 2)
- Student brochure Questions to reflect What is the purpose of a brochure? What are examples of topics that can go on abrochure Why is contrast important when creating abrochure? Why is deciding on a target audience importantwhen creating a brochure? Why is white space important when formatting abrochure?
- References Computer Skills curriculum guide. RetrievedJune 18, 2013, fromhttp://www.dpi.state.nc.us/curriculum/
View more >