out of 10
Post on 30-Jan-2015
Embed Size (px)
DESCRIPTIONLearning center for EDIM 508 project 1
- 1. Learning about Learning Styles EDIM 508 Digital Media in the Classroom Mary Susan Stevens Audio Video Discover Discovery Who Am I? Quiz
- 2. Who is this man?
- Click here for the answer.
- 3. The man on the previous slide is Howard Gardner. Dr. Gardner is best known for his theory of Multiple Intelligence. Create a KWL chart about what you K now about Multiple Intelligence, What you W ant to learn and at the end of this learning center, write down your thoughts about what you L earned about Multiple Intelligences.
- Click here to view the Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills for this assignment.
- The purpose of this learning center is for Education and Training students to be introduced to the concept of learning styles. By using this tool students can get a feel for their own learning styles and preferences.
- After completing this unit students should understand the following basic concepts about Learning Styles:
- Howard Gardners Multiple Intelligences Theories
- Differentiation in the classroom
- Learning Preferences
- Click here to view information about Learning Styles
- 6. Click the speaker icon to listen to an audio clip about Multiple Intelligences and Emotional Intelligence. After you finish listening to the podcast, write three paragraphs reflecting on Multiple intelligences and Emotional Intelligence what do you think is more important, IQ or EQ and why?
- 7. Whats your learning style?
- Click here to take a quiz on Learning Styles.
- When you finish the quiz, print your results. What are your two strongest learning preferences?
- Describe your favorite lesson ever at school. Why do you think you remember it? Class discussion.
- 8. http://school.discoveryeducation.com/ Study the visual image on the left. Which images best represent your multiple intelligence preferences? Select your main learning preferences then search the website (linked below) for a suitable activity for your learning preferences. This should be something that would be appropriate for your site school grade level classroom and an activity you could teach your students. Scroll over the link to the Discovery Education website. Citations
- Google images. Photo of Howard Gardner. www.news.harvard.edu/.../ 11.01/11-gardner.html
- Texas Education Association. Career and Technical Education - Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills, Course Crosswalks and Coherent Sequences http://www.tea.state.tx.us/index2.aspx?id=5415#Subchapter%20E
- Interview with Howard Gardner. Produced for Edutopia byState of the Art 1997The George Lucas Educational Foundation All rights reserved http://www.edutopia.org/multiple-intelligences-howard-gardner-video
- Whats Your Learning Style Quiz? Edutopia. http://www.edutopia.org/multiple-intelligences-learning-styles-quiz
- Discovery Channel School.(2005).Differentiated Instruction in Fourth Grade Mathematics [Video Segment]. Available from http://www.discoveryeducation.com/
- Great Ideas in Psychology Podcast. This is a podcast about the great ideas in psychology. http://web.mac.com/todddaniel/Professor_Todd/Great_Ideas_in_Psychology_Podcast/rss.xml
- Multiple Intelligences Graphic Image chart. http://www.new-oceans.co.uk/new/education/images/multint2.gif
- Edutopia. Video clip from 2001. No Child Left Behind. http://www.edutopia.org/multiple-intelligences-key-learning-community-video
View more >