Start Monetizing Your Blog Today
Post on 13-May-2015
DESCRIPTIONHave a great blog but new to affiliate marketing? Learn from a network representative, an affiliate manager, and an affiliate the terminology and tricks behind turning your blog into earnings.
- 1.Affiliate Summit West 2010 Start Monetizing Your Blog TodayModerator: Marty Fahncke, FawnKey & Associates Kristin Kinsey, MadHatter Consulting Tricia Meyer, MeyerTech, LLC Carolyn Tang, ShareASale.com
- Affiliate Marketing 101
- Evaluating Merchants
- Types of Creative
- The Affiliate Site
- Extreme Site Makeover
- Contact Info
3. The Network Carolyn Tang Director of Client Services ShareASale.com 4. Affiliate Marketing 101
- Merchants partner with a third-party entity with the purpose of getting traffic
- Websites: Blogs, incentive sites, community, etc.
- E-mail marketers
- PPC search marketers
- Compensation is performance-based
- Percentage of completed sale
- Cost per completed lead
5. Stakeholders: The Merchant The merchant site is where the consumer completes an action, like a sale or a lead. 6. Stakeholders: The Affiliate The affiliate drives the consumer to the merchant. 7. Stakeholders: The Network The network tracks the consumer from the affiliate site to the merchant site, and sends the check. 8. Evaluating Merchants
- Solid site with relevant, in-stock offerings
- Positive Earnings-Per-Click (EPC)
- How much does the merchant pay out, on average, per 100 clicks?
- Low reversal rate
- Fair number of return days
- Active and responsive affiliate management
9. Types of Creative: Banners & Text Text links, product images, logos 10. Types of Creative: Widgets Dynamic, trackable interactive banners updated by the merchant 11. Types of Creative: Video Trackable, shareable video ads can be uploaded by merchants and/or affiliates 12. Types of Creative: Product Datafeed Each row is a product, each column is one characteristic of the product: SKU, name, price, tracking link, etc. 13. Types of Creative: Offline Ads PayPerCall technology enables affiliates to drive traffic to merchant call centers 14. The Affiliate Tricia Meyer Owner MeyerTech, LLC/Sunshine Rewards 15. Walking Through a Niche Blog 16. Google Adsense 17. Standard Banners 18. Specific Products 19. eBay 20. Widgets 21. Other Ways to Monetize
- CPA Network Ads
- CPM Ads
22. The Manager Kristin Kinsey Owner/Founder MadHatter Consulting, Inc. 23. What is the Mangers Role?
- Contact for Merchant
- Sales Info (Best Sellers, Demographics, Hot Picks, ect)
24. What is an OPM?
- Outsourced Program Manager
- Why its important to work closely with Your OPM?
- Relationship Building
- Tools and Resources
25. Extreme Site Makeover! 26. Resources Forum.ABestWeb.com The largest Affiliate Marketing Community Forum for Merchants and Affiliates to learn and grow together. AffiliateSummit.com The best affiliate marketing conference! Affiliate Summit takes place twice a year, one on the east coast, and one in west coast (Las Vegas January 17-19, 2010) GeekCast.com Podcasts for the true geeks! A large number of shows devoted to affiliate marketing. Revenews.com With contributors from all sides, this is truly and acceptional resource and a great way to stay on top of the issues. InternetRetailer.com Keep up to date on all of your favorite eCommerce merchants, eCommerce News, and events. FeedFront.com A magazine devoted to affiliate marketing. Writers are contributors throughout the industry with their opinions, information, and tips. TheSEOBook.com A great read for anyone wanting to improve their SEO tactics, from beginners up, this one is well worth the investment. 27. Questions/Comments? Carolyn Kristin Tricia 28. Contact Information Marty Fahnke Kristin Kinsey (the Manager) MadHatterConsulting.com President/CEO Email:[email_address] Twitter: @KC Phone: 877.222.4481 x 111 Blog: blog.madhatterconsulting.com affiliate.madhatterconsulting.com Tricia Meyer (the Blogging Affiliate) MeyerTech, LLC/Sunshine Rewards Owner Email:[email_address] Twitter: @sunshineTricia Blog:www.tricia.me Carolyn Tang (the Network) ShareASale.com Director of Client Services Email:[email_address] Twitter: @catango Phone: 312-321-0487 x 113 Blog: blog.shareasale.com