soil nutrients

Download Soil nutrients

Post on 07-Aug-2015

21 views

Category:

Education

0 download

Embed Size (px)

TRANSCRIPT

  1. 1. Soil Nutrients Modified by the Mewar university Rajasthan. 2013
  2. 2. Nutrients Plants Acquire From Air And Water Carbon Hydrogen Oxygen
  3. 3. The Primary Nutrients Nitrogen Potassium Phosphorus
  4. 4. The Secondary Nutrients Sulfur MagnesiumCalcium
  5. 5. The Micronutrients Boron Chlorine Copper Iron Manganese Molybdenum Zinc
  6. 6. The 16 Essential Nutrients Boron Calcium Carbon Chlorine Copper Hydrogen Iron Magnesium Manganese Molybdenum Nitrogen Oxygen Phosphorus Potassium Sulfur Zinc
  7. 7. Functions Of Primary Nutrients And Deficiency Symptoms Nitrogen (N): most important nutrient besides water; determines rate of growth deficiency symptom: yellowing of leaves Phosphorous (P): required during germination and fruit/seed formation Deficiency symptoms: stunted growth; purple-colored leaves Potassium (K): regulatory Deficiency symptoms: stunted growth; mottled leaves
  8. 8. Non-essential Nutrients That Need To Be Considered Iodine Cobalt Silicon
  9. 9. Why Is A Knowledge Of Soil Nutrients Necessary? To maximize yield To maximize profit To maintain soil fertility
  10. 10. Determining Soil Fertility You can use any of the following methods to determine soil fertility: soil tests managing organic matter fertilizing
  11. 11. What Is Fertilizer Analysis? The amount of the different nutrients found in a fertilizer. It is always listed as a percent. It is always listed Nitrogen-Phosphorous-Potassium (N-P-K). For example, a fertilizer labeled 10-15-10 is 10% Nitrogen, 15% Phosphorous, and 10% Potassium. If there is a fourth letter, it designates the nutrient sulfur.
  12. 12. Example Problem For Determining The Amount Of A Nutrient In A Fertilizer How many pounds of nitrogen are in a 50 pound bag of 10-15-10? 10% of 50# = 5# Nitrogen
  13. 13. How many pounds of actual nutrients are in a 50 pound bag of 10-15-10? 10+15+10 = 35% nutrients or 17.5# The other 65% of the bag is inert matter Example Problem For Determining The Amount Of Total Nutrients In A Fertilizer
  14. 14. Another Analysis Problem A hobby gardener buys a bag of "Scott's Turfbuilder" for $31.95. The bag weighs 62 pounds and has an analysis of 22-3-10. How many pounds of actual nutrients does the bag contain? 21.7# of nutrients in one bag (22+3+10)=35% 35%*62=21.7

Recommended

View more >