SOCIAL PSYCHOLOGY COMIC PROJECT 2
out of 12
Post on 07-Aug-2015
Embed Size (px)
- 1. How A Stupid Super Hero Save The City By Chong Jia Yi, Zoe Low, Abdullah Mamode, Deenie Hyatt and Ee Yun Shan
- 2. The Bystander Effect DEFINITION: phenomenon in which the greater the number of people present, the less likely people are to help a person in distress. WHY? 1)The presence of other people creates a diffusion of responsibility 2) need to behave in correct and socially acceptable ways. IN COMIC: The crowd witness the crime happen. The woman shouted for help but no one responds and help her.
- 3. Hierarchy of Needs The heros short background history 1) He wants some Physiological Needs as well as Safety and Security 2) he needs food, water and shelter first, which shows his struggles to survive. 3) He needs to fit in as he wants some friends or people to be accompanied with so he doesnt feel lonely. As his background history progresses on, it focuses onto the rest of the concept such as self esteem, intellectual, aesthetic and self actualisation. He began to develop a need to gain respect from others by building up his confidence and skills. He wants to show what he can do, expressing his need to use his determination to the fullest.
- 4. Self-Fulfilling Prophecy - Any positive or negative expectation about circumstances, events, or people that may affect a persons behaviour toward them in a manner that causes those expectations to be fulfilled. - A self-fulfilling prophecy is a prediction that directly or indirectly causes itself to become true,
- 5. Self Fulfilling Prophecy Comic The people watching the scene scared to help because the incident happened on sudden which causing them to be surprised and dont know what to do. They scared they might get beaten by the bad guys. As for the hero, he thought that he could stand up for justice and save the woman but ended up getting beaten by the bad guys. Self Fulfilling prophecy can be seen from the people watching the scene because what theyve seen is what theyve predicted.
- 6. OBSERVATIONAL LEARNING - A learnt that occurs through observing of others. - does not need reinforcement to occur, but instead, requires a model.
- 7. OBSERVATIONAL LEARNING The Stupid Hero tried to save and help the girl although he lost and failed to help the girl at the last. The viewers learnt the brave and sense of justice through him when they see this scene. People always observed and learning the events or incidents that occur around us, no matter the situations are serious or not.
- 8. Media Influence First there were books as a source of media, then become newspapers, magazines, photography, sound recordings, films, radio, television, then the internet and then the social media All of the traditional mass media have a great influence in our lives. Books were once influential because they came first before newspaper, magazines, radio or television. Newspaper and Magazines become more influential as it evolves and developes. Films and sound recordings were and still are influential. Then Radio and Television became more influential
- 9. Media Influences Comic The superhero was filmed by the public and was upload in YouTube. As other people watched the video, they became a fan of him and started seeing him as a role model to them and thats how the people got influenced after watching that superhero video on youtube and became his fan and want to become like him.
- 10. THANK YOU
View more >