Social Media A BETTER WAY TO MANAGE YOUR ONLINE PROFILE!
out of 6
Post on 24-Dec-2015
- Slide 1
- Social Media A BETTER WAY TO MANAGE YOUR ONLINE PROFILE!
- Slide 2
- The problem with social media So many platforms, so little time LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Google+ All about conversations but conversations take time! Too many people use it for self-promotion, try thought leadership instead
- Slide 3
- Common mistakes on social media Not replying / delayed response Creating an account for the sake of having one Have a purpose Infrequent posts Uninteresting or untargeted content Getting hostile to feedback Inconsistent personality (make sure tone matches the brand) Taking a side (politics, gender, race, religion) Using the wrong social media platform Mixing business with personal posts Over promotion
- Slide 4
- How to manage your social time! Create a schedule Block out time on a daily basis to check your online profile, retweet/like and to write posts or blogs to add Choose social media sites that will have most impact on your audience Stick to your purpose (research, networking, promotion i.e. not stalking) Share social media responsibility with employees (but make sure they understand the brand values and tone)
- Slide 5
- Useful tools Ping.fm allows you to update your status across many different social media platforms TubeMogul uploads video to multiple sites (not just YouTube) and provides viewing stats for each of them FriendFeed collect articles, blogs, photos, videos from various social media platforms on one solution HootSuite allows you to monitor all social media feeds in one place and schedule posts in advance (however, shouldnt replace the human element) Tweriod generates a report to tell you when the best time to post to Twitter Google Analytics website traffic, where coming from, where bouncing, keywords, keywords tool Statcounter aims to identify visitors to site and where they came from, the search terms they used, how long they stayed, what they viewed
- Slide 6
- Other useful ideas Use Twitter lists to sort all people you know into distinct lists according to interests Good for separating personal from business Pick and choose the news more relevant for them Build follower base Email footers / Website social media badges / email clients / prospects asking them to join you online and remind them in every promotion you do Twitter Start following influencers in the industry and respond to their tweets Offer exclusive content / deals e.g. Twixclusives Show appreciation for likes / retweets Dont over hashtag content = 2 = magic number generates 21% more engagement than tweets with 3+ hashtags Dont over promote be very targeted Facebook Dont like own post Dont tag photos of clients/employees/fans without permission Dont ask for likes for no reason LinkedIn Dont join groups to immediately start self-promoting Dont ignore the professional tone of LinkedIn Dont pester for recommendations
View more >