Social authoring breakout session
out of 13
Post on 22-Nov-2014
DESCRIPTIONSlides from the Social Authoring breakout group at the NROC Network Member meeting March 2009.
- 1. Authors Designers Producers Teachers Learners Technologists Continuous Improvement Cycle Why Social Authoring? Collaborative Development
- 2. Social Authoring Models Mash- up Original Scripts Continuous Improvement
- Online workspace opened by NROC Team
- Content outline posted for discussion
- Assignments and scripting templates distributed among author team
- 4. 1. Technology 2. Content 3. Media 4. Design 5. Pedagogy 6. Interaction 7. Assignments 8. Assessment 9. Access 10. Support NROC Course Quality Guidelines Collaborative Development
- Authors post their scripts and trade for peer review / NROC review
- Status changes to show next stage
- The team synchs up for real time discussions and visual reviews through Elluminate as needed.
- NROC team reviews scripts for design & production plan
- Work with students and campus media centers when available for producing art work
- Feedback given to authors and artists for revisions and additions
- NROC produces learning objects with text, visual media and/or activities - using our new multimedia player.
- Quality Assurance content and technical check
- Mastering and Dissemination NROC team distributes to authors institutions, OER, HippoCampus and Network members
- NROC Network members and users provide continual feedback through online community comments, forums, and webinars.
- 11. Social Authoring Successes
- There was confusion and a basic misunderstanding over the right to use published material when creating an online course
- There was a reluctance for instructors/subject matter experts to work for free
- We needed to add a layer to the process to ensure quality, add visuals and captions for those visuals
- While we learned some lessons along the way, our basic process for social authoring still seems sound.
- With member support, we intend to continue with the social authoring process and fine-tune the process as we learn from our experiences.
- We think working together is more effective than working independently.
View more >
KEYNOTE BREAKOUT SESSION XTROPOLIS SOCIAL ?· KEYNOTE BREAKOUT SESSION XTROPOLIS SOCIAL ACTIVITY & NETWORKING…
UKSG Conference 2016 Breakout Session - Online authoring tools for global collaboration, John Hammersley
Road Design Breakout Session - IN. Design Breakout Session Published Road Design breakout Session We…
EMPLOYER BREAKOUT SESSION OPTION #1 EMPLOYER BREAKOUT ... ?· EMPLOYER BREAKOUT SESSION OPTION #1 DirectEmployers…
Technology Infrastructure Breakout Session - Merkle Inc. ?· Technology Infrastructure Breakout Session…
Breakout Session VIII Streamlining the Environmentals for ... ?· Breakout Session VIII Streamlining…
Breakout Session on Sustainability ?· Breakout Session on Sustainability Indicators/Metrics ... The…
Breakout Session: Interfaces (solid/liquid) - ?· Breakout Session: Interfaces (solid/liquid) Jeffery…
Wednesday: Breakout Session 6 Time: 10:15 a.m. - 11:30 D Social... · 2014-11-26 · Wednesday: Breakout…
Breakout Session Descriptions (in alphabetical order by ?· Breakout Session Descriptions (in alphabetical…
CCPRC Annual Meeting Concurrent Breakout, Session ?· CCPRC Annual Meeting Concurrent Breakout, Session…