Smart Use of Social Media in Recruitment
out of 51
Post on 29-Nov-2014
Embed Size (px)
DESCRIPTIONMy slides from the Social Media In Recruitment Conference on the 19th April 2012 #SMIR
- 1. BrubakerHRCollaborative InsightBHR Gareth Jones Inmate
- 2. The Smart Use ofSocial MediaSocial Media in RecruitmentConference.19th April 2012 #SMIR
- 3. We wantedto.
- 4. Human social networks andcommunities are both well established,robust social structures that pre datetheir online counterparts by a amillennia. Humans naturallygravitate to and desire theinteractions that these structuresallow. We want to belong.Dr Michael Wu
- 5. Takeaway Number One: This is no fad. It is not going away.
- 6. The power ofthe crowd
- 7. Insight
- 8. Increase Revenue Potential
- 9. Reduce Costs
- 10. 100% support calls through community No agents or call centresFastest growing telco in the UK Net promoter score of 73
- 11. The 300% increase in searchengine placement for top keywords a natural product of their communitys open, dynamic conversation is itself worth millions. Hewlett Packard Community
- 12. Takeaway Number Two: Conversation is the new currency.
- 13. If its good enough forcustomers
- 14. ..its good enough for candidates and employees too.
- 15. Social is not about websites or marketing
- 16. This is my place, not yours
- 17. Social is not a stand alonefeature or technology its aculture. It should be integratedin all business processes: Insideand outside of companies.Dr Michael Wu
- 18. Technology is slowly returningus back to the more humanrelationships that a fast pacedworld has pressured us intocompromising.Dr Michael Wu
- 19. Get everyone involved inhiring. which means giving everyone inside the organisation unlimited, unmonitored and uncontrolled access to social tools. No excuses.
- 20. You cant be social outside if you are not social inside INNOVATION Marke:ng HR FEEDBACK INSIGHT NPD COMMUNITY LOYALTY Product ADVOCACY Resourcing Dev TRUST OPENESS Sales COLLABORATION
- 21. Failing to embrace the internalconversation is like putting a MorrisMinor engine in one of these it wont work, it will ruin the experience and you will be found out.
- 22. Dont build talent communities get your employees involved in their own communities, communities that already exist sh where the sh are.
- 23. Talk to candidates over socialchannels stop ignoring them and embrace the conversation.
- 24. Stop advertising, start sourcing avoid the chronic inefciencies of driving applicants and improve your candidate experience
- 25. Turn your recruiters intocommunity managers forget traditional KPIs CVs, interviews, calls etc. Focus instead on network/ community growth.
- 26. Leadership isabout the storiesthat are toldabout you bothpositive andnegative. Youll bejudged by thosestories more thananything you sayor write.
- 27. Employer BrandLeadership isabout the storiesthat are toldabout you bothpositive andnegative. Youll bejudged by thosestories more thananything you sayor write.
- 28. Takeaway Number Three:Big change is coming in recruitment
- 29. We are in the Compuserve-Prodigy-AOL stage of social media evolu
- 30. Further reading/viewingThe Science of Social: Beyond Hype, Likes and FollowersDr Michael Wu The Starsh and The Spider Ori Brafman and Rod A BeckstromThe Cultural Anthropology of Stack ExchangeJoel Spolsky
- 31. Thank you! Gareth Jones 07880 742581 @garelaoswww.linkedin.com/in/garethmjones www.garethjones.me www.brubakerhr.com email@example.com
View more >
Resource Smart Solutions - ricoh- Smart Solutions_v1_wlonger parts life, switch to alternative ... Resource Smart Solutions - 6 Smart In-Use solutions Ricoh has also developed a number of smart in-use
Smart Easy Automation Home Use basic setting ... Smart Easy Automation Home Use DOMOTICZ basic setting