Skeleton Drawing: Under Your SKin Project
out of 11
Post on 10-Aug-2014
DESCRIPTIONUnder the skin drawing project for high school drawing classes. A great lesson to start a figure drawing unit with.
- UNDER YOUR SKIN PROJECT An Adventure in Skeletal Drawing
- The skeleton often appears in art and pop culture Fashion
- Fashion (contd)
- Costume or Disguise
- Mexican Culture The Day of the Dead is celebrated on November 1& 2 of each year This is a holiday celebrating the spirits of the dead being able to visit their relatives on earth for 2 days each year
- Day of the Dead Festivals are held in Mexican cities and towns, celebrating the lives of those who have passed away Shops sell sugar skulls, trinkets and special breads and treats in the shape of skulls Families create altars called Offrendas, to commemorate and welcome spirits of the dead
- CALVERAS Tiny skeleton figures, fully clothed are made And sold during Day of the Dead celebrations These figures are made of painted Clay, cotton and paper
- UNDER YOUR SKIN PROJECT We will be creating a drawing similar to the Mexican Calveras sculptures We will be drawing 2-3 clothed skeletal figures in various poses in one composition You will need to be familiar with the human skeleton in order to draw it accurately and in proportion, this will help you further develop your portrait drawing skills
- The Human Skeleton
- MATERIALS NEEDED You will need to chose and print or cut out 2-3 full or half body poses in magazines, books or on-line Chose poses that interest you or will make a good composition, you can use a theme if desired Materials: Paper, Pencil, Prismacolor,
- Materials (Contd) You may also include animals or pets in your portrait
View more >
My Skeleton. Facts about our Skeleton. There are 206 bones in your skeleton. Your skeleton supports your body and helps you move. Calcium helps your bones.
Echinodermata By Eryia & Amp. General Characteristics Spiny skin Spiny skin Internal skeleton Internal skeleton Water-vascular system Water-vascular system.