six steps to pandemic planning 2010
out of 12
Post on 25-Dec-2014
Embed Size (px)
DESCRIPTIONPresentation outlines six steps to help a firm with pandemic planning.
- 1. Six Tips to Help Prepare Your Investment Business for a Pandemic
- 2. Why Plan?
To ensure your business can and will remain functional and profitable during a crisis or pandemic
- 3. H1N1
Influenza A (H1N1) virus remains a threat
U.S. health officials estimate the virus could directly and indirectly affect up to 40 percent of the nationwide workforce over the next two years (Centers for Disease Control)
- 4. Six Steps to a Disaster Plan
1. Select a Crisis Leader
2. Develop Procedures for Various Scenarios
3. Review the Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
6. Test Your Plan
5. Review Your Business Response Plan with Team Leaders
4. Test Alternate Site and Remote Access
- 5. 1. Select a Crisis Leader
An individual who demonstrates strong leadership skills during normal business operations and is experienced in dealing with crises
Leaders are typically members of senior management team
Crisis Leader should partake in Critical Incident Stress Management (CISM) training
- 6. 2. Develop Procedures for Various Scenarios
If your office building is restricted, how will market data and portfolio management systems be accessed?
Where will employees work and how will they communicate with colleagues and counterparties?
How will you operate if your prime broker or fund administrator contacts are unavailable?
- 7. 3. Review the Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
EAP provides assistance and access to counseling services for issues in and out of the workplace
In disaster, employees may wish to speak with a professional counselor
If employees are aware of EAP support prior to disaster, then it will mitigate panic and stress
- 8. 4. Test Alternate Site and Remote Access
An alternate site provides a safe place for employees to go and continue working
If employees have to work remotely, confirm the reliability of the infrastructure supporting multiple virtual private networks (VPNs)
Confirm the number of Citrix licenses; if not enough then consolidate responsibilities
- 9. 5. Review Your Business Response Plan with Team Leaders
Develop communication notification and escalation procedures for team leaders
Identify if any external business partners need to be notified
Assign a primary and secondary spokesperson in case the public needs to be notified
- 10. 6. Test Your Plan
Testing your plan ensures there are no glitches or obstacles
It is imperative that teams and employees are able to work together and have a trusting relationship today
- 11. Online Resources
- Visit Eze Castle Integrations Online Knowledge Center at
- Critical Incident Stress Management (CISM) training: http://www.criticalincidentstress.com/
- 12. Employee Assistance Program (EAP): http://www.eap-sap.com/eap/index.html
- 13. Follow Eze Castle Integration on Twitter at: http://www.twitter.com/ezecastleECI.
- 14. For more information, please visit Eze Castle Integration online at http://www.eci.com.
View more >