sheep and goats
out of 36
Post on 29-Aug-2014
Embed Size (px)
DESCRIPTIONKeynote for Games for Change 2013 The world of educational games is changing, and we cannot understand it without understanding the psychology of education.
- Sheep, Goats,and theFuture of EducationJesse SchellGames for Change 2013
- Can Games Educate?
- How Do Games Fit Into Education?
- Everything is changing! Standards Technology Delivery Systems Economic Models Students Parents The World
- + =PsychologyTechnology Destiny
- Do what theyre told Do what they wantTwo Types of Learners
- A society of sheep means a society easilymanipulated by advertising a society willing to acceptwhat is provided fewer entrepreneurs
- 1. Anyone Can Design a Great Game2. All of us Together are Better Designers thanany of us Alone3. The More we all Share, the Smarter we allBecome
- Goat Paradise!
- I have no specialtalents, I am onlypassionatelycurious.Albert Einstein
- Fear ApathyCuriosity
- CuriosityInsightWonderThe cure forboredom iscuriosityThere is nocure forcuriosity.
- Some Thoughts On Education (1692)Johnathan LockeI have always had a fancythat learning might be madea play and recreation tochildren
- Its not that American schools do anything special toteach creativity its just that they are less efficient atstamping it out.
- Who wants your goatware?Parents? Kids? Administrators?
- Who wants your goatware?Teachers!
- Thanks!Slides: slideshare.net/jesseschellTwitter: @jesseschellEmail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Psychology Notes and Stuff http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Self-efficacy http://www.andrew.cmu.edu/user/gl20/GeorgeLoewenstein/Papers_files/pdf/PsychofCuriosity.pdf http://www.educationoasis.com/resources/Articles/fosteringcuriosity.htm http://www.academia.edu/290259/An_Applied_Social_Psychology_Perspective_on_Immigrants_and_Immigration http://www.midus.wisc.edu/findings/pdfs/724.pdf http://ir.library.oregonstate.edu/xmlui/bitstream/handle/1957/38611/McClellandMeganPublicHealthGenderDifferences.pdf?sequence=1
View more >