self-regulation strategy 1: expand pretend play
out of 8
Post on 12-Aug-2015
Embed Size (px)
- 1. 1. In the first picture, which one of the strategies for extending pretend play do you see the teacher facilitating?
- 2. Answer If you said developing working memory, good answer! The teacher appears to be helping children identify their roles and those of their friends in costume.
- 3. 2. In this picture do you see a variety of pretend play areas where children can practice various roles? Can you suggest any changes to this space?
- 4. Answer If you noticed that the kitchen area has opportunities to cook, store food, set the table, and eat at the table, good job! If you also noticed that the area is a bit crowded for more than two children at a time, good observation.
- 5. 3. Which one of the strategies does the picture below show for increasing play skills?
- 6. Answer If you answered that the board gives a visual way for children to increase their attention span and show their involvement in a play area, good job! With this board and adult assistance, children can indicate if they are ready to start, are still involved, or are finished playing in an area.
- 7. 4. Watch the video on the next slide and decide which pretend play strategies are being demonstrated.
- 8. Answer If you answered that the children are engaged in pretend play that demonstrates their thinking of their own role and those of their peers, good answer! These children are building working memory in a very creative and fun way.
View more >
Assessing Urban Land Use Regulation in Argentina ... expand the sample and improve the questionnaire
Kindergarten Pretend and Learn Lesson Unit: Family Pretend ?· Kindergarten Pretend and Learn Lesson…
The presentation and paper Pretend you are a researcher (actually – no need to pretend – you are!) Pretend you are a researcher (actually – no need to
Kindergarten Pretend and Learn Lesson Unit: Pretend and ... Kindergarten Pretend and Learn Lesson Unit:
Manipulando las expresiones. expand( ) [> expand( (a+b)^3) ; [> expand( (a+b)^40) ; EL comando expand( ) desarrolla las operaciones indicadas… [> expand(
Kindergarten Pretend and Learn Lesson Unit: Food Pretend ... Pay for the gift, wrapping paper and bow