psych comic strip
out of 19
Post on 12-Aug-2015
Embed Size (px)
- 1. SOCIAL FACILITATION Social facilitation occurs when people areperforming (well-learned performances) in thepresence of others, yet their individual contributionscan clearly be identified. E.g. Ah Boons downside is his inability to shootprecisely but he is great in passing.
- 2. STEREOTYPING A stereotype assumes that all members of a groupshare some common feature E.g. Ah Boon, being the only Chinese in the team fullof Indians and Malays causing the rest of the teamstereotyping him as someone who doesnt knowhow to play football
- 3. SITUATIONAL ATTRIBUTIONS Assuming that the cause of an action is due toexternal/environmental factors E.g. Ah Boons performance dropped drasticallybecause this is his first match and there are a lotpressure on him.
- 4. OBSERVATIONAL LEARNING Watching others (models) engage in behaviorsand then repeating those actions E.g. Ah Boon and the rest of the team watcheshow the captain engages in playing the game,thus, encouraging them to more confident inthemselves and perform better
- 5. SELF-EFFICACY Your belief in your ability to achieve certain goals E.g. Ah Boon and the team became moreconfident after seeing the effort the captain isgiving in. Therefore, they believed inthemselves and they performed confidentlyleading them towards the goal, winning thegame.
View more >
comic Strip Conversations - Mutasia ?· Comic Strip Conversations Introduction: In this lesson, students…