Post on 11-Apr-2017
Embed Size (px)
THIS IS YOUR PRESENTATION TITLE
5TH AUGUST,2016.PRIORITIZATION PRINCIPLE
IntroductionBenefits of studyApplicationImproving Prioritization SkillsTools For PrioritizationConclusionQ & APRIORITIZATION PRINCIPLE
IntroductionPRIORITIZATION PRINCIPLEPrioritization involves focusing on more important tasks and giving them attention,energy and time.
It is also tied to time management and work life balance.
2. Benefits of studyPRIORITIZATION PRINCIPLEHelps in time management.Reduced stress levels.Eliminates decision dilemma.You wake to a purpose.
3. ApplicationPRIORITIZATION PRINCIPLEPrioritization principle can be applied to both unplanned and planned activities.
3. ApplicationPRIORITIZATION PRINCIPLEUnplanned activities needs quick decisions and relies on our instinct and clarity of set goals.
For planned activities we have all the time and therefore we are able to write a to do list.
4. Improving Prioritization SkillsPRIORITIZATION PRINCIPLESelf awareness - (SWOT).Know your ABC (tasks) in your personal/work life.Always Schedule Breaks.Properly balance the available resource(s).
5. Tools for PrioritizationPRIORITIZATION PRINCIPLEAction Priority Matrix
TaskFrequency(Daily, weekly...)ValueTotal Points
5. Tools for PrioritizationPRIORITIZATION PRINCIPLEPareto Analysis (80/20) Identify the highest value task that when solved makes the biggest impact.
Photo credit - www.citoolkit.com
5. Tools for PrioritizationPRIORITIZATION PRINCIPLEStephen Covey Model
IMPORTANTNOT IMPORTANTURGENT1 Do right away3 Plan to Do ASAPNOT URGENT2 - Delegate4 dump or postpone
5. Tools for PrioritizationPRIORITIZATION PRINCIPLE
Crawfords Slip Writing Method (Brainstorming) Used with a team for it is fair and the group reach concensus.
6. ConclusionPRIORITIZATION PRINCIPLEPrioritization has proved to be the answer to time management.
Most of us spend too much time on what is urgent and not enough time on what is important, Steve Covey.
7. Questions?.....Comments?PRIORITIZATION PRINCIPLE