press release presentation, press release slide, press release in business communication
out of 24
Post on 07-Aug-2015
Embed Size (px)
- 1. PRESS RELEASE
- 2. Keep in touch with the latest corporate news, initiatives and sponsorships as we involve our customers employers and stakeholders in our corporate culture of creativity and challenge. Press releases are very effective in announcing news to outside media and news world. Wikipedia says "A news release, press release or press statement is a written or recorded communication directed at members of the news media for the purpose of announcing something claimed as having news value". Most press news releases are distributed by email, fax, editors at newspapers, magazines, radio stations, television stations or through distribution news wire distribution services, where your news gets syndicated to thousands of news sites worldwide. Most people who specialize in web or internet marketing believe that releasing a press release would get them good backlinks which again greatly contribute to their ranking with search engines.
- 3. An official statement issued to newspapers giving information on a particular matter. A press release is a short, compelling news story written by a public relations professional and sent to targeted members of the media. The goal of a press release is to pique the interest of a journalist or publication. The press release should contain all the essential information (who? what? where? when? how? and most importantly why?) for the journalist to easily produce his own story. Press release is the most journalistic of all business communications. They stress not only basic information but also human interest
- 4. Press release Works by some technical method. Before releasing press we must know the reason, time , place etc. Press Release contain some conditions they are What. Where. Who. Press Release What? Who?Where?
- 5. Press releases are used mainly for Announcement launch of New Event ( like inaugurations, parties, prize events) Business News and Corporate events (announcement of new product, new company members, latest company members, latest technologies) Social and Government News (from social and public organisations ) Announcing a new product or service: If you want to announce a new product or service, you can draft a press release and immediately get your news found to all. Improving brand image: Because it has become so easy to publish and distribute a press release, companies can easily send out as many press releases as they want. Images help drive interest: Press releases now include images, videos and other multimedia, which means you can convey your message and news stories in more interesting ways than ever before. Video
- 6. WHERE ? Normally press release published in Newspaper and periodicals. Now in this modern time internet is the most fastest source of that . In digital age SMS, MMS are also fastest way. Now very important press release can be broadcast and telecast in television & radio.
- 7. In addition to automatically posting your press release to thousands of popular news sites, we send your press release to editors and reporters at newspapers, magazines, trade publications, TV, cable TV and Radio. Sometime reporters from the newspaper write the press release with information provided by the company but most of the time someone within the company or organization will write the press release.
- 8. Generally press Release receives widespread attention , so be careful that your information is correct. Your quotations are properly quoted, nothing should be ambiguous and wrong in the press release, otherwise it will damned the reputation of your company or institution. Without accuracy a press release will not be completed. That will be the reason of damage of company reputation.
- 9. At first the five ws of journalism must be confirmed. The five ws is the very important For press release. There is three steps of press release. STEP ONE: Prewriting At first identify the newsworthy story of the topic. 1. Establish the facts: That five ws must put in the very first para of press release. WHO WHAT WHERE WHEN WHY PRESS RELEASE
- 10. 2.Verify The Facts: Always double check the facts in your press releases to make sure theyre accurate. Sending out a press release with inaccurate information can kill your credibility and hamper your future PR efforts. So the information must be Verified.
- 11. STEP ONE: PRE WRITING ( cont ) 3. Secure Permission or releases: Securing Securing the permission from the boss for boss for using information or data in press data in press release. Information is is always sensitive. 4.Choose the media: For press release we must choose media - newspaper, newspaper, periodicals, radio, television television etc.
- 12. STEP TWO: Writing Write the company name and the word Press Release in the middle of the page. Write the word TO on the left margin of the page following by the name of the media. Then the word FOR followed by date the press release will be published. Then the word CONTACT followed by your full address.
- 13. Below are some basics about the format of a press release. Use 8 1/2-inch x 11-inch paper. Use a minimum of one-inch margins on each side of the page. Use a bold typeface for the headlines to draw attention. ALWAYS include a point of contact. Use title case. Capitalize the first letter of all words in the headline (with the exception of: "a," "an," "the," or prepositions such as: "of," "to," or "from"). The combination of upper and lower case makes it easier to read. Complete the paragraph on one page instead of carrying it over onto the next page. Use date or For Immediate Release to alert the reporter if the information can be used immediately. If the information should not be used until a specific date, include Embargoed Until [date] Use only one side of each sheet of paper. Use the word "more" between two dashes and center it at the bottom of the page to let reporters know that another page follows: - more - End your press release with either three hash symbols (# # #) or -30- typed across the center of the page a couple lines below the end of your text. Include a city and state of origin in the dateline of the press release. Nothing screams amateur more than a press release that simply reads USA or nothing at all.
- 14. Here is some sample completed press releases samples.
- 15. Leave one and one half inch margins on all sides of your press release. If press release cover more than one page write the word more at the bottom of all pages except the last one. Type END, XXX or ### at the bottom of the last page to indicate the end of the press release
- 16. When A Press Release published by following inverted pyramid style that means the press release containing very important facts. The most important part will be appeared to the top.
- 17. STEPS OF ACCURACY OF PRESS RELEASE STEPS THREE: Receiving During receiving the press release ask release ask yourself following questions- 1. Have I answered the first Ws of of journalism ? 2. Is the Language ok? 3. Have I mentioned important facts? facts? 4. Are Paragraph concise? 5. Is grammar & spelling is ok ? Etc.
- 18. IMPORTANT POINTS OF PRESS PELEASE Informational Method When the writing the first draft of your press release ask yourself following question- 1. What is special or different about this person or product or event? 2. Who is my audience ? 3. Which media should receive the press release? 4. What does this product , person or event mean for the readers ? 5. What cost or saving are involved? 6. Are the facts verified ? Structural Method Keep the paragraph short. Write the press release in one or two pages. A short press release is more likely to be read and distributed. Language must be fresh and stylist.
- 19. [The conclusive paragraph is known the boilerplate and can contain no more than 3-4 lines. A short "about" section, providing independent background on the issuing company, organization, or individual. Here you should explain future aspects, your or aim in meeting the current market or success. In general what you intend to do achieve.] Contact Information: [Company Name] [Address] [Telephone] [Website] That how a press release ends.
View more >
Press Release - files. ?· Press Release FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: ... William Gerlach, trumpet Tom Cupples,…
PRESS RELEASE PERKEMBANGANMUSIMKEMARAU2011 - data.bmkg.go.id/share/Dokumen/bahan press release update…
*** Press Release *** Press Release *** Press Release view** Press Release *** Press Release *** Press Release ** For Immediate Release PERIODONTAL DISEASELIFE THREATENING Local Dental Expert Appointed to Spread the Word January 15, 2005 Dr. Lisa Marie Samaha, DDS
Unduh Press Release Prakiraan Musim Kemarau Tahun release musim kemarau.pdf · PRESS RELEASE PRAKIRAAN…
PRESS RELEASE THE ENDLESS - fetch.fm ?· PRESS RELEASE. RELEASE INFORMATION • DISTRIBUTOR. Arrow Films/Arrow…
Press Release - PoPville ?· Press Release FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: December 17, 2014 ... Phil Snedecor*,…
WorldStar Press release Mkt...آ Web view Press Release Press Release WPO â€“ World Packaging Organisation
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE PRESS RELEASE: Trade/Project ?· FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE PRESS RELEASE: Trade/Project…