PRESENTED BY- Rajat Dixit (rd2392). Overview What is cloud computing ? Why do we need ? Understanding Cloud Computing Cloud computing services Advantages.
Post on 17-Dec-2015
- Slide 1
- PRESENTED BY- Rajat Dixit (rd2392)
- Slide 2
- Overview What is cloud computing ? Why do we need ? Understanding Cloud Computing Cloud computing services Advantages & Disadvantages Future! About my Research Area
- Slide 3
- Cloud Computing is Not About Working on your computer among the clouds Providing Web in the clouds (in airplanes)
- Slide 4
- Cloud Computing is A dynamic or instant way of using a service from the web site!
- Slide 5
- Why do we need Cloud Computing? = Internet = YOU = Your Company = Your Website = Web Host (Dedicated Server
- Slide 6
- Why do we need Cloud Computing? This is called HOSTING
- Slide 7
- Why do we need Cloud Computing? And it keeps on growing (And you keep on paying)
- Slide 8
- Why do we need Cloud Computing? At some point your website will not be able to handle so many connections (Users would be unhappy)
- Slide 9
- Why do we need Cloud Computing? YOU NEED MORE AND MORE DEDICATED SERVERS FOR HOSTING
- Slide 10
- Known Issues of Hosting Hosting Takes a lot of time There is not enough computing power on a single dedicated server (so you need to buy space on more servers)- not good for your business You have to pay a lot You pay, even when your website is not being used
- Slide 11
- Better Idea = Cloud Computing Take the computing power only when you need so that you dont have to pay ALWAYS (This is almost instant and fast)
- Slide 12
- Better Idea = Cloud Computing =Servers that are known as cloud servers You do not need to configure servers physically to host anything, you can do that remotely and that too instantly And you dont need too many servers at a time
- Slide 13
- Understanding Cloud Computing You have access to computing power instantly YOU
- Slide 14
- Understanding Cloud Computing Cloud Computing = Infrastructure as a Service(IaaS) +Platform as a Service (PaaS) +Software as a Service (SaaS) Cloud Computing = Distributed Computing + Grid Computing + Utility Computing In Short, Cloud Computing = On Demand Computing
- Slide 15
- Understanding Cloud Computing Client Computer is You There is a database storage (huge) Application Servers provide Services (different types of services) Control node allocates de- allocates the space dynamically
- Slide 16
- Understanding Cloud Computing Application- For users; basically SaaS services (emails, etc); Predefined functions; Examples- Gmail, Hotmail, SalesForce and even online banking is an example Platform- Increased flexibility and control, still predefined functions, Examples- Google App Engine, Heroku, Mosso, Engine Yard, Joyent or force.com Infrastructure- Full control, more features and services. Flexibility of modifying functionalities. Examples- Amazons EC2, GoGrid, RightScale and Linode. You may be charged!
- Slide 17
- Understanding Cloud Computing SAAS- An application to customers for a software service on demand (application type softwares- e.g. Google Docs- word, excel, etc. and SAP Business ByDesign) PAAS- Can be called Development Services provided on demand. You still cant change the tools! Example- Google App Engine- Design your own apps! IAAS- Also called platform virtualization environment. Rather than purchasing servers, software, data center space or network equipment, clients instead buy those resources as a fully outsourced service. A lot of work is going on. Microsoft, Amazon and Google are in the race!
- Slide 18
- Advantages & Disadvanages + Users can use complicated programs easily + Users can save data on supercomputes + Social Networking + Users can access their hardrive through the internet + Collaborate + Can Use and Post Multimedia + Small Business can compete with large companies - Relies totally on network connections (bandwidth limitation) - User dont use hard drive (Capacity limitation) - Would take a long time in future to be available widely
- Slide 19
- My Research Areas Voice in the Cloud- Key to make voice and media work in cloud services Optimizing the cloud for enterprise class cloud computing Operating System on Clouds- Example- gOS from Google! Issues related with cloud computing on different platforms like mobile platforms (example Android and MacOS X) MOTIVATION- IEEE 2009 International Conference on Cloud Computing (In September 2009 at Bangalore, India)
- Slide 20
- Slide 21
View more >
Plan Introduction What is Cloud Computing? Why is it called ‘’Cloud Computing’’? History and Origins Characteristics of Cloud Computing Advantages.
CLOUD COMPUTING Overview on cloud computing. Cloud vendors. Cloud computing is a type of internet based computing where we use a network of remote servers.
CLOUD COMPUTING. What is cloud computing ? History Virtualization Cloud Computing hardware Cloud Computing services Cloud Architecture Advantages & Disadvantages.
JKP Cloud Team Cloud Computing. What is cloud computing? Characteristics. Types of Cloud Computing. Deployment. Proposal. Concerns. Conclusion. AGENDA.
Data Analytics in Cloud Computing - TechnologyAd What is Cloud Computing? The cornerstone of data analytics in cloud computing is cloud computing itself. Cloud computing is built around a series of
ENISA – Cloud Computing Security Strategy - TERENA – Cloud Computing Security Strategy ... What is cloud computing –ENISA’ s understanding. ... • Cloud Computing: Benefits, Risks and
Cloud Computing. What is Cloud Computing? What is Cloud Computing? The cloud is an umbrella term for products and services that rely on the internet to.
CLOUD COMPUTING. WHAT IS CLOUD COMPUTING? What is Cloud Computing? “Cloud computing is a general term for anything that involves delivering hosted services.