prayer t.w. hunt based on discipleship work “in god’s presence”
Post on 18-Dec-2015
Embed Size (px)
- Slide 1
- Prayer T.W. Hunt Based on Discipleship Work In Gods Presence
- Slide 2
- 2 Purposes of Prayer 1.Gods first purpose in all prayer is to make us like Himself (conformed to Christs image) 2.Gods second purpose in all prayer is to help us participate in His work
- Slide 3
- 6 Kinds of Prayers Confession to speak the same, to agree 1. Confession to speak the same, to agree 2. Worship fixes our attention on the worth of God 3. Praise responding to Gods attributes 4. Thanksgiving recognizing the work of God and acknowledging that it is from God 5. Petition asking for yourself, your family, your church 6. Intercession asking for others and praying for Gods purposes to be completed in their lives
- Slide 4
- Prayer Accomplishes Gods Purposes Response Prayers: beingResponse Prayers: Confession, worship, praise and thanksgiving concerned with being (make us become like God) Asking Prayers: doingAsking Prayers: Petition and intercession concerned with doing (help us participate in the work of God)
- Slide 5
- The Proper Source of Confession Satan accusesSatan accuses (Rev. 12:10) His voice gives us guilt. God grievesGod grieves (Eph. 4:30) His voice, seldom understood, gives us sorrow.
- Slide 6
- The Proper Source of Confession Since we have learned grief, we ask God for forgiveness, the removing of all guilt. The obliteration of guilt happens because we are swallowed into light, where no darkness is possible. (John 1:5) The removal of guilt secures also our pardon, which removes the consequences of the guilt. The removal of guilt is based on Gods work. The granting of pardon is based on Gods character.
- Slide 7
- God Uses Extreme Terms to Indicate His Action When He Forgives Is. 43:25 God wipes out our transgressionsIs. 43:25 God wipes out our transgressions Ps. 51:9 Blot out all my iniquitiesPs. 51:9 Blot out all my iniquities I Cor. 6:11 And such were some of you; but you were washed, but you were sanctified, but you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ, and in the Spirit of our God.I Cor. 6:11 And such were some of you; but you were washed, but you were sanctified, but you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ, and in the Spirit of our God. Heb. 10:22 Let us draw near with a sincere heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled clean from an evil conscience, and our bodies washed with pure water.Heb. 10:22 Let us draw near with a sincere heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled clean from an evil conscience, and our bodies washed with pure water. Key Questions: If God does something, how done is it? Where is anything God has wiped out? How gone is something God blots out? How clean is anything God washes?
- Slide 8
- Forgiveness = Forgetting will not rememberIs. 43:25 I, even I, am the One who wipes out your transgressions for My own sake; and I will not remember your sins. remember no moreJer. 31:34 For I will forgive their iniquity, and their sin will I remember no more. will remember no moreHeb. 10:17 And their sins and their lawless deeds I will remember no more.
- Slide 9
- Ways to Worship Moses installed appeasement and reverence David installed celebration 1.Ascribe 2.Magnify, exalt 3.Glorify 4.Extol 5.Rejoice
- Slide 10
- Why Praise? 1.Praise does not assure God. God does not need our praise. It reassures us. 2.Praise doe not flatter, cajole, or soothe God. It places us on the appropriate level. 3.Praise blesses the praiser. (Ps. 84:4) 4.Praise benefits the praiser. (Ps. 147:1) 5.It is hard to make a serious mistake in praise. 6.Praise is prayer that places us in Gods native ground. (Is. 57:14) It is the only prayer that can make us comfortable in such awesome presence. 7.You become like what you praise. When we value the right thing, it becomes a part of us.
- Slide 11
- What Praise Is 1.Naming your relationship 2.Searching the unsearchable 3.Exploring the riches of God 4.Dwelling where God dwells 5.Victory 6.Holiness and safety 7.Getting the perspective right 8.Insisting on the truth
- Slide 12
- Thanksgiving 1.Thanksgiving is not an event; it is an attitude that relates the receiver to the giver. 2.Thanksgiving is the spiritual insight that can recognize a work of God and acknowledge it as being from God. We do not seek immediate goodness but long- term process. 3.Thanksgiving is recognizing our total dependence on God.
- Slide 13
- Asking: Always Ask 1.In the Spirit full of the Spirit 2.With the mind prioritize your prayer 3.In Jesus Name seeking Jesus character 4.While abiding not an on and off switch 5.Quoting Gods Word 6.In humility 7.In faith 8.In sincerity 9.Be judicious with words 10.With perseverance
- Slide 14
- Conditions of Faith 1.Prayer becomes your breath. You cannot help praying. 2.You see life from a spiritual perspective. 3.Christ is the source of your joy. 4.Real faith keeps its eye on God, not the object prayed for. 5.Jesus is real in the present.
- Slide 15
- Faith, Trust and Hope Faith is seeing things as they really are. Faith is the insight that perceives Gods goodness. Faith is accepting Gods goodness. Faith is living a physical life with spiritual resources. Faith is attending to God alone not circumstances. Trust is placing your confidence in the fact that God does not change. Hope is the present enjoyment of a future blessing.
- Slide 16
- Faith Expressed in All 5 Kinds of Prayer WorshipWorship God really accepts my love ConfessionConfession God really keeps His word PraisePraise God really expresses His attributes in life ThanksgivingThanksgiving God really gives His best AskingAsking God really involves Himself in His creation
- Slide 17
- Declaring What God Is ConfessionrightConfession declares God is right WorshipworthyWorship declares God is worthy PraisegreatPraise declares God is great ThanksgivinggoodThanksgiving declares God is good Asking realAsking declares God is real
- Slide 18
- Prayer Establishes Our Identity returning prodigalWhen we confess our sin, we are the Fathers returning prodigal brideWhen we worship Him, we are part of His bride attendantWhen we praise Him, we are His attendant and His manifestation When we thank Him, we are His heir
- Slide 19
- Prayer Establishes Our Identity His childWhen we pray for ourselves, we are His child His priestWhen we pray for others, we are His priest His servantWhen we pray for His kingdom or His church, we are His servant His vice-regentWhen we pray for His glory, we are His vice-regent
- Slide 20
- Before The Highest In Confession, we come to God in griefIn Confession, we come to God in grief In Worship, we come to God in loveIn Worship, we come to God in love In Praise, we come to God in joyIn Praise, we come to God in joy In Thanksgiving, we come to God in dependenceIn Thanksgiving, we come to God in dependence In Asking, we come to God in needIn Asking, we come to God in need
- Slide 21
View more >
Week 1 Discipleship Training - Resources/Presbyteries/Documents... · Theology & Discipleship, Discipleship…
God’s Word on Spanking - Capitol Ministries ?· While the Capitol Ministries discipleship Bible study…
? Web view sowing god’s word: sharing faith, nu. r. turing discipleship. on-line / core course. ...…