ppc and how to create a successful campaign
out of 19
Post on 20-Aug-2015
Embed Size (px)
- 1. Pay Per Click - PPCThe fundamentals of a good campaign
- 2. This is serious stuff!Did the better team win?
- 3. Theres no one magical solutionfor a successful PPC campaign
- 4. The POST Method/Model People Dont start a social strategy until you know the capabilities of your audience. If youre targeting college students, use social networks. If youre reaching out business travellers, consider ratings and reviews. Objectives Pick one; are you starting an application to listen to your customers, or to talk with them? To support them, or to energize your best customers to evangelize others? Strategy Strategy here means figuring out what will be different after youre done. Do you want a closer, two-way relationship with your best customers? Technology A community, a wiki. A blog or a hundred blogs. Once you know your people, objectives, and strategy, then you can decide with confidence. More about POST = http://goo.gl/cGI6
- 5. The message Using PPC there are many ways to put your messageout there. You can do Search, Display and Video marketing viaYouTube. All placements that can highly benefit your overallmarketing efforts and you should consider them all. To start with you must identify initial goals and mainKey Performance Indicators (KPIs) What are you hoping to gain from the campaign? 10 Sales? 100 Calls? 1000 Visits? etc.
- 6. Make sure you have Analytics in place To track impact!
- 7. Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) After youve identified your main KPIs you startdoing some research e.g. keyword research,seasonality (you might be selling skiing equipment )and, probably one of the most undervalued,competitive research. Most of those starting PPC think they have a prettygood idea about the competition in their niche. Butforget that offline competition isnt always the sameas online competition. Quite the opposite, its sometimes totally different.
- 8. Structure When it comes to campaign structure you have toremember that the Search Network and DisplayNetwork are different. Split them up Search Network Your ads are not only displayed on Google but also on theirpartner sites TOP OF MIND -TOP OF SEARCH
- 9. Organizing your campaigns There are many ways you can structure youcampaign, if youre having any difficulties decidinghow to organize them ask yourself these basicquestions: How much are you willing to spend on the product/s? You set your budget at the campaign level Do I have clients overseas? Do they all speak the same language?
- 10. Segmentation Break-up/segment your accounts as much aspossible, remember that most potential clients justscan the Search Engine Result Pages (SERPS) asopposed to actually reading them. Creating ad groups around the keywords is a bestpractice and in most cases ensures good ClickThrough Rate (% CTRs) e.g. by using keywords in theheadline of the ads etc. This also makes sure that your spend is optimizedand you do not what is called Google stupid tax.
- 11. The impact of segmenting One of the reason good Click Through Rate (%CTR) isso important is Quality Score. %CTR and relevance are the number 1 and 2 factors that influence Quality Score. The higher the quality score is the higher your adrank is compared to your bids and since the actualCost Per Click (CPC) is calculate like so (Ad Rank ofthe advertiser below / your quality score) qualityscore can, depending on the size of the budget. This impacts the Return of Investment (ROI)
- 12. What to have in mind Theres a different mentality behind searches like e.g.cheapest flights to Tehran and flights to Tehran Dont implement all related keywords in the same adgroups, while e.g. tours, deals, trips, vacation,holiday packages etc. might be related. Split them up to keep the relevancy between the adcopy and keyword as high as possible again, mostlikely result in high %CTR By segmenting your campaigns by for examplerelated services or products you can use services likesite-links more effectively.
- 13. A/B Testing Use the right landing pages its a fact that it takesa potential client less than 3 seconds to decidewhether the landing-page is a fit for his needs or not. If Im looking for Iran holiday packages I want to see the offers direct not land on the homepage. Try all match types, when youve found a stronginfluential keyword you can create an ad group withad copy revolving solely on that specific word. The basic match types are: *Exact match+ phrase match and broad match
- 14. The Display Network
- 15. The Display Network Segment your accounts If youre using banner creative try splitting them upby size. That way you can more effectively a/b testyour ads. Remember that there are various amounts ad space for each size. Try all of the targeting methods available e.g. Audiences and Topics.
- 16. Developing the account Look at the search query reports in your keywordtabs, there you can find many opportunities that willbenefit your marketing efforts. Continue to optimize the campaign, dont leave in itsoriginal state. Optimization is key towards perfection Look at the Analytics data Bottom line: Research is the key to success. By takingtime to segment your PPC campaign based on yourproducts, research/clients needs youll have ahealthy start and a good edge on your many ofcompetitors.
- 17. Optimize towards perfection!
- 18. Bottom line Research is the key to success. By taking time to segment your PPC campaign basedon your products, research/clients needs youll havea healthy start and a good edge on your many ofcompetitors. Make sure you have analytics implemented and thatyou use the information provided
- 19. Kristjn Mr HaukssonTHANK YOU
View more >
EPTA presentation GP for successful campaign for PT ... ?· EPTA presentation GP for successful campaign…