polynomial functions and models section 5.1. polynomial functions
out of 22
Post on 24-Dec-2015
Embed Size (px)
- Slide 1
- Polynomial Functions and Models Section 5.1
- Slide 2
- Polynomial Functions
- Slide 3
- Is it a polynomial? If so, what is the degree?
- Slide 4
- Example: Factors of a Polynomial
- Slide 5
- Zeros of a Polynomial
- Slide 6
- True or False
- Slide 7
- Exercise 42 Page 342
- Slide 8
- True or False
- Slide 9
- Slide 10
- Determine the real zeros and their multiplicity.
- Slide 11
- 1.List the real zeroes. 2.Determine the multiplicity of each. 3.At each real zero, determine if the graph touches or crosses.
- Slide 12
- The role of multiplicity
- Slide 13
- True or False The degree of the polynomial is even.
- Slide 14
- End Behavior The left side of the graph is down. The right side of the graph is up.
- Slide 15
- End Behavior Describe the end behavior for this graph. The left is ________ and the right is _________.
- Slide 16
- End Behavior Leading coefficient is negative Leading coefficient is positive Degree is odd Left up Right down Left down Right up Degree is even Left down Right down Left up Right up
- Slide 17
- Straight Line (odd degree) Leading coefficient is negativeLeading coefficient is positive
- Slide 18
- Quadratic (even degree) Leading coefficient is negativeLeading coefficient is positive
- Slide 19
- Slide 20
- Cubic Modeling Suppose we have a 10 inch by 20 inch piece of metal. A square will be cut out of each corner. The sides will be turned up to create a box. We want to determine the size of the square that should be cut out in order to maximize the volume of the box.
- Slide 21
- Find a formula for the volume of the box.
- Slide 22
- Volume Use the data points to fit a cubic that will model the volume of the box based on the amount that is cut out of each corner. Graph the model and determine the square that should be cut out to maximize the volume.
View more >
Chapter 7: Polynomial Functions 7.1 Polynomial Functions Objectives: 1) Evaluate polynomial functions 2)Identify general shapes of graphs of polynomial
Section 5.1 Polynomial Functions and Models. Polynomial Functions Three of the families of functions studied thus far: constant, linear, and quadratic,
1 5.1 Polynomial Functions In this section, we will study the following topics: Identifying polynomial functions and their degree Determining end behavior
Polynomial Functions and Basic Graphs Guidelines for ... 2.2 Polynomial Functions MATH 1330 Precalculus 171 Section 2.2: Polynomial Functions Polynomial Functions and Basic Graphs Guidelines for Graphing
Polynomial Functions MCT4C1. Polynomial Functions The largest exponent within the polynomial determines the degree of the polynomial. Polynomial Function
1 Polynomial Functions Exploring Polynomial Functions Exploring Polynomial Functions –Examples Examples Modeling Data with Polynomial Functions Modeling
Section 5.1 – Polynomial Functions Defn: Polynomial function The coefficients are real numbers. The exponents are non-negative integers. The domain of
5.1 Polynomial Functions Degree of a Polynomial: Largest Power of X that appears. The zero polynomial function f(x) = 0 is not assigned a degree
Unit 1 Polynomial, Rational, and Radical 5.1+-+Notes+...Section 5.1 Using Transformations to Graph Quadratic Functions Unit 1 Polynomial, Rational, and Radical Relationships