Pinterest Marketing for Merchants
Post on 22-Nov-2014
Embed Size (px)
DESCRIPTIONPresentation at the 2012 Yahoo! Merchant Summit detailing the strategy and tactics involved with marketing on Pinterest.
- 1. Connecting with Customers to Drive Revenue Wednesday, August 8, 2012 @caseycarey #YMS2012
- 2. Pinterest lets you organize and share allthe beautiful things you find on the web. People use pinboards to plan theirweddings, decorate their homes, andorganize their favorite recipes.
- 3. Pinterverse 20.5MM 1 in 4 85% female purchased an item they browsed* 25-54 years old Buy Browse Home, Garden, & Pool/Spa middle class 18% 45% 58% visit 1+ times/week Clothing & Apparel 39% 44% Art, Art Supplies, & Hobbies 22% 42% Flowers, Food, Drinks, & 10% Gifts 39% Health & Beauty 14% 37% Jewelry, Handbags & 23% Accessories 36% Footwear 11% 18% *Bizrate Insights Image Sharing 2012
- 4. Pinterest 4
- 5. 1. Is your brand Pinteresting? consider target market, brand image, product categories, available resources (time, images, etc.)2. See what has been pinned from your site pinterest.com/source/mywebsite.com3. Decide who you are on Pinterest think themes/stories, not products4. Add the Pinterest Follow icon to your site, consider adding Pin It icons to your product pages5. Start by creating 3-6 pinboards incrementally over time6. Share others content re-pin to your boards to complete your story7. Use quality images and keep the content fresh8. Enjoy the referral traffic (more than Twitter and Facebook combined!)
- 6. Pinvana Be Pinworthy Pinboards are the front-door Use high quality images (192 to 600px Use a keyword-rich name wide and up to 5000px tall) Use a compelling cover image Use a filename with keywords (chrome- cobra-wool-hoodie-black.jpg) Make Sharing Easy: Pin-It Widget Select best image Pin from an original permalink source Add suggested comment If you upload an image, add a link to the appropriate content Get Social Include analytics tracking in links as Follow, like, comment, and re-pin appropriate Integrate with Facebook Add a keyword-rich description, limit to about 200 characters Follow the Rules Add price if appropriate Image rights to use Also pin videos No promotions or spamming followers
- 7. email@example.com
View more >