Phylum: Echinodermata Echinos = Spiny Derma = Skin Ata= to bear bears spiny skin Zoology Chapter 16.
out of 8
Post on 17-Dec-2015
- Slide 1
- Phylum: Echinodermata Echinos = Spiny Derma = Skin Ata= to bear bears spiny skin Zoology Chapter 16
- Slide 2
- Phylum Echinodermata 5 Classes Class Crinoidea Sea lilies Feather stars Class Asteroidea Sea Stars Class Ophiuroidea Brittle Stars Class Echinoidea Sea Urchins (venomous) Sand Dollars Class Holothuroidea Sea cucumbers
- Slide 3
- Characteristics Calcareous endoskeleton Ossicles- small bones Adults with pentaradial symmetry (5 points) Larvae with bilateral symmetry Water-vascular system
- Slide 4
- Composed of water-filled canals Used in Attachment Feeding Locomotion Respiration Circulation of nutrients and wastes Extends to each arm and tube feet Tube feet act as suction cups Contract & expand
- Slide 5
- Digestion Complete digestive tract Eat clams Tube feet open shell Stomach forced through mouth Stomach into opening between clams shells Digestive enzymes break down tissue Sea Star sucks out predigested food Eat algae
- Slide 6
- Nervous System Nerve Net Nerve Ring Radial Nerves Eyespots Sea stars on each arm
- Slide 7
- Regeneration & Reproduction Reproduction Mostly dioecious; but no sexes Sexual & Asexual 2 Gonads are present in each arms Regeneration Broken arms New body from broken arm Pearl Diver Story A form of Asexual Reproduction
- Slide 8
View more >
Phylum Echinodermata Lauren and Simon. GENERAL INFORMATION Echinoderms echin (spiny) and derma (skin)
Phylum Echinodermata Meaning Spiny Skin - Echinodermata Meaning Spiny Skin ... Describe how echinoderms carry out their ... hydraulic system used in locomotion and
PHYLUM ECHINODERMATA (spiny skin, 6,000 spp) ECHINODERMATA (spiny skin, ... other echinoderms Scavengers too ... still have 5 ambulacral grooves tube feet for locomotion
Chapter 11: Echinoderms - Ms. Murray's Bi 11: Echinoderms Spiny-skinned Invertebrates Kingdom: Animalia Phylum: Echinodermata (spiny skin) ... Sea Stars: Feeding Locomotion
Spiny skin. Introduction to Phylum Echinodermata Phylum Echinodermata is a group of invertebrates that includes sea stars, sea urchins, sea cucumbers,
Phylum Echinodermata - MHHS 2016-2017 - Phylum Echinodermata spiny skinned or hedgehog skin sea stars (starfish), ... locomotion (most mobile echinoderm!)
Echinoderms Sea stars, sea urchins, and sea cucumbers belong to phylum Echinodermata (spiny skin, hedgehog skin) Exclusively marine Adult echinoderms.
Chapter 13 Part 3 of 3 Phylum Echinodermata. Phylum: Echinodermata Spiny Skinned Animals Spiny Skinned Animals Sea Stars, Sea Urchins, Sea Cucumbers.
Chapter 7 Phylum Echinodermata. Characteristics: Characteristics: Name means spiny skin" Endoskeleton Water vascular system with tube feet important.
Phylum Echinodermata "Spiny Skin" Strangest group in animal kingdom Closest invert relation to the Chordates Endoskeleton just under skin Lack sensory.
Echinodermata By Eryia & Amp. General Characteristics Spiny skin Spiny skin Internal skeleton Internal skeleton Water-vascular system Water-vascular system.