Photography book pro forma
out of 23
Post on 20-Aug-2015
Embed Size (px)
- 1. Photography Applications (insert name here)1
- 2. Advertising and Promotional Advertising could possibly be the most common form of photography seen today. It is all about creating an image which helps sell a product or service. A huge range of techniques can be used with many different types of shots being utilized. There is also lots of different pieces of equipment that are made use of. They use things such as artificial lighting to create a more desirable environment. There is also a huge amount of post-production, meaning programmes such as Photoshop are used to manipulate the image after it has been taken. They do this because it allows them to change the image in ways that make it more suitable for the product or service they are advertising.Promotional photography is where photographs are used to promote something, rather than sell something, for example a music artist may use photographs to help promote their music. It is similar to advertising but it has a different purpose. Like advertising photography, the environment is often heavily controlled through the use of thing such as artificial light and photography studios. Usually a lot of post-production editing is also involved to create the desired image. Depending on the nature of the shoot, many different types of lenses may be used. Which lenses depend on the desired outcome.
- 3. Use this slide to annotate an archetype imageIn the room it is nice a bright, but the light looks natural which gives consumers a more positive feel. Its not a gloomy Monday morning. Notice that the product that is being advertised is directly in the centre of the shot and takes up most of the image. Also the depth of field is focused on the product, drawing your attention to it immediately.Notice the bowl of fruit that is included in the shot (also note that it is in the foreground). This is to associate the cereal with the fruit, promoting the idea that it is healthy.
- 4. Fashion Fashion photography's aim is to promote fashion labels and help sell clothes. It is most predominant in magazines and newspapers but is also widely used online and in catalogues. Fashion photography usually tries to create an atmosphere of a mood or moment in the story, while flaunting the clothing. Styles vary hugely within fashion photography depending on the photographer, designer and end user (magazine or website etc.) The majority of the time shoots happen in studios or other controlled environments, such as constructed sets. However they can also take place on location. Equipment such as artificial lighting and specialist camera lenses are commonplace. The images are also manipulated and edited post-production. Sometime fashion photography can take the shape of editorial work, taking up multiple pages of a magazine for a fashion shoot.
- 5. The model is looking directly into the camera lens. This directly address's the reader which makes them feel involved and as if it is aimed at themThe dress that the model is wearing goes with the setting. It is dark and wavy, and resembles smoke in the way it almost floats out, trailing along the floor/mattressUse this slide to annotate an archetype image The walls look very worn and battered, adding to the derelict appearance.There are dead leaves all over the floor and mattress which give the idea that it is shot in an abandoned building.Notice that this shoot is a more dark and sinister one. Take note that the set is meant to look dark and rundown. The model has been placed on an old dirty mattress.
- 6. Photojournalism Photojournalism is where pictures are created to help tell a news story or somehow contribute to the story. The people who do this are called photojournalists. And example of some types of photography within photojournalism would be sport, war and paparazzi style photos. In photojournalism image manipulation is a big controversy. Some believe that minor adjustments are okay but many others feel that all post production is unacceptable with these kinds of images.Photojournalism works within the same ethical approaches in relation to objectivity that are applied by other journalists. As a general rule of thumb, rather than being staged, images are usually observational, meaning that it is not staged and is just a photo that is taken without models, actors or props. The use of additional light is often limited to a flash gun. If it is a shot where the photographer is further away a telephoto lens would be used. If it is a shot where the photographer is close to the action then in general, wider lenses are normally used.
- 7. Use this slide to annotate an archetype image
- 8. Portraiture Portraiture is one of the most common types of photography. In portraiture the face, facial features and facial expressions are the most predominant aspect of the image. The constructionist approach is where the photographer constructs and idea around the portrait, for example a romantic couple or happy family. It is the most common approach in studio and social photography. It is common for it to involve artificial lighting and post-production editing. The environmental approach shows the subject in their environment whether a social, family, work or leisure one. The environmental approach reveals more about the subject. The candid approach is where people are photographed without them knowing, as they go about their daily business. It is a still shot of a moment within everyday life as it happens. These are observational images and rely on the ambient light. The Creative Approach is where image manipulation is used to create portraits. Its is becoming a popular form
- 9. Use this slide to annotate an archetype image
- 10. High street studio There a many different types of high street photography such as portraiture and wedding photography. There are multiple companies and franchises, such as venture focus on wall paintings and family portraits. They have made popular the high class feel of modern family portraiture. Over time it is becoming more and more difficult for independent high street photographers to get by. The increasing price of rent has forced many photographers to turn to home studio production. Artificial light is often used in studios to help create a range of moods. A lot of the time images then go through post-production editing to get the right feel. The majority of the time wide lenses are used, as in the studio work space is often limited. There is a huge variety of different styles and each different photographer and company have their own way of doing things.
- 11. Use this slide to annotate an archetype image
- 12. Architectural Architectural photography is where the main focus point is buildings and other similar structures. Architectural photographers usually have a great understanding of specialist techniques and equipment. An example of some of the equipment they might use would be tilt shift lenses. Images can then be passed on to architects, surveyors, construction companies, consulting engineers, property developers, hoteliers etc. these people may then use the images for a wide range of things such as websites, adverts, brochures and editorial features. Depending on the desired use of the images they may or may not undergo postproduction editing. There are distinct different styles used for engineers and surveyors than that used for hoteliers.
- 13. Use this slide to annotate an archetype image
- 14. Illustration Illustration photography is where photographs are used alongside newspaper articles to support the story and give the reader more information. It is often confused with photographs of illustration (drawings). Illustration can take the form of detailed step by step images designed to help convey information in text books or other forms of educational literature. It can also be used to influence the reader in terms of what they feel about something. Techniques, equipment and styles can vary hugely depending on the subject and purpose. You will have to think about what you think has been utilised in your chosen images.
- 15. Use this slide to annotate an archetype image
- 16. Medical photography It is the aim of a medical photographer to produce accurate and objective images that truthfully record injuries, diseases, operations and medical procedures, as well as the progress of these. Their photographs can be used for measurement and analysis, as well as to support medical or scientific reports, research papers or articles. The majority of medical photographers work in medical illustration departments in hospitals or medical schools. Most of these illustration departments are relatively small. They normally use digital cameras and flash to photograph patients in the wards and in the operating theatre during surgery. They also take photographs to document bodies in the post mortem room. In more complex situations they may use a range of specialist photo imaging techniques and equipment, such as micro and macrography, time lapse cinematography, thermal imaging, endoscopy (internal organ photography), and photography outside the visible spectrum. A medical photographer may also have to take commercial or public relations style photography for more general use.
- 17. Use this slide to annotate an archetype image
- 18. Fine art photography Fine art photography can involve almost anything. It may involve a huge range of different styles of photography and techniques and this makes it quite hard to define. There is no limit on what subject it can be but some of the more popular ones include wildlife, architecture and nudes. There are not many boundaries fro fine art, as there is not a specific definition, it is as much opinion as specification. It could include portraits or landscapes, black and white or coloured, it could be heavily edited post-production or it could not be edited at all. Fine art photographs are usually produced to be sold as pieces by themselves or included in things such as books or calendars. However, a lot of fine art is produced by people who just enjoy photography and may use their images recreationally and upload them to blogs etc. instead of producing them as a way of creating income. It is different from things such as photojournalism which provides illustration for news events, and commercial photography which is used to help sell or promote a product or service, in the way that it does not have a purpose as such, it is mostly created for people to enjoy however they like. For example some fine art may be collected and used as decorations around a home, some may be collected and presented as a compilation on a blog. There is not really any limit as to what fine art photography can be used for.
- 19. Use this slide to annotate an archetype image
- 20. Documentary Documentary photography is similar to photojournalism but often consists of working on long-term projects (such as going on tour with a band to create promotional material) and often consists of complicated multi-strand narratives. Photojournalism focuses on more breaking news stories. This is usually done with observational photography, as opposed to staging the shot. The images are often subject to post-production editing, but nowhere near the amount that fashion or advertising photography undergo. Types of lenses vary depending on the shot. Documentary photography allows the photographer to show the different aspects of life and the day-to-day happenings of their subjects. Documentary photography makes use of multiple images to help tell a story instead of relying on a single image
- 21. Use this slide to annotate an archetype image
- 22. (Application Title) Text (should be Arial 12pt)
- 23. Use this slide to annotate an archetype image
View more >
ANNUAL REPORT 2003 - Remgro ?· 2013-05-08 · Pro forma Pro forma Pro forma Pro forma ... the International…
[XLS]bbot. viewModule1 Pro Forma Income (Pessimistic) Pro Forma Income (Optimistic) Return on Investment Break-even Financial Ratios Pro Forma Balance Sheet Pro Forma Cash Flow 5 Year Pro Forma Income Pro Forma Income (Most Likely)
Compilation of Pro Forma Financial of Pro Forma Financial Information 2629 managementregardingtheservicestobeperformedandshoulddocumentthe ...